Churchill's latest - M's don't want to trade Jones?

JTrea81

If the Orioles can't get a Jones caliber player, then they can't trade Bedard. It is better to wait until the deadline and hope that his arm doesn't fall off. There is just too much risk of getting nothing of any consequence back for Bedard if you don't get a guy like Jones who is major league ready with good upside.

Nothing would set this franchise back further than screwing up a deal for Bedard and not netting at least one impact player.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, we'll see I guess.

Perhaps Bavasi came off of Jones to include Morrow and Triunfel.

Point is, we still have absolutely no idea what is happening.

No doubt. And as much as I loved the insider info. Maybe that's a good thing. Means AM is running a tight ship.

If Jones and others aren't on the table, then Morrow, Wlad, Triunfel and Tillman need to be IMO.

They still have enough without Jones, but I doubt they'd agree to something like Clement, Morrow, Balentien and Tillman. Without Jones the Mariners are basically useless.

Would people like Morrow Clement Triunfel Tillman Sherrill (spin for Lillibridge)?

Balentien would have to be included if Jones weren't in the deal. I would be happy if we got Balentien, Clement, Triunfel, and Tillman, but I'd be even more thrilled with a Jones, Clement, Triunfel type deal because it fills more holes for us.

If Jones and others aren't on the table, then Morrow, Wlad, Triunfel and Tillman need to be IMO.

Exactly. I have been saying this for a while now, but the Mariners are being absolutely ridiculous. They don't want to trade Clement. They don't want to trade Morrow. They don't want to trade Triunfel. No, they don't want to trade Jones. Gimme a break. I would tell them what we want and give them a timeframe to either accept or reject it. Then tell them to hit the road.

Balentien OR Morrow needs to come back WITH Jones or no deal.

Well, we know that's not happening anyway. What if the offer was Balentien, Morrow, Clement and Tillman? Not that they'd offer that, but would that be an acceptable package w/o Jones?

Well, we know that's not happening anyway. What if the offer was Balentien, Morrow, Clement and Tillman? Not that they'd offer that, but would that be an acceptable package w/o Jones?

Replace Morrow with Triunfel and I'd probably make that deal...

Replace Morrow with Triunfel and I'd probably make that deal...

Heck, they'd be more likely to do it that way too since they value Morrow highly, although we'd be taking a bigger risk and trading out a "ready now" prospect for one who could be hype.

Honestly without Jones the deal doesn't help fill a major need.

While Triunfel , Tillman are not ready to play.

Clement is a poor catcher & no sure thing he would do well at 1B.

Wlad is not a CF ... Morrow would replace Bedard in the rotation I guess but he's not Bedard. Sherrill is a older piece that I dont understand.

So trade our #1 Ace lefty & we dont even get a ready to play position player to fill a whole. Thumbs down!

Archived