Orioles turning attention to Fernando Rodney

oldbird

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would definitely just add another quality middle reliever or stay in house than to sign Rodney.

I agree. I think Gausman could be an effective closer. He seems to have the personality for it and his stuff seems to be a better match as a closer than a starter.

Holy crap...just read on MLBTR that Rodney wants 10MM per season? How's no sound?? I'd add in a couple expletives in there as well but I'm aware of the posting rules here at the OH.

No way we're paying Rodney that. I would sign Ayala for depth, and have an open competition for closer in ST. I still think Wright or Steve Johnson would be good candidates to close.

As and Orioles fan living in St. Pete, I have to say, NO FREAKING WAY!!!

Jason Hammel should close. Offer him 3/19.5. He'd be great. Bulldog mentality. Filthy stuff. Over the course of a season, much better out of the pen than starting.

Hammel would be a decent option. Not sure I'd offer him that much money, though. Plus, I think he still thinks he's a starter.

I just don't understand the necessity of having an official experienced closer, at least not given the state of our starting rotation.

Just try whomever is the last to wash out of the starting rotation... anyone with even marginal stuff should be able to close.

Steve Johnson, Josh Stinson, Zach Britton, TJ McFarland.... save the 7M marbles and keep an extra starter on the roster

To reopen negotiations on terms more favorable to the O's.

Okay but he still failed his physical. Wether it be one year or two he still failed.

Sorry I don't see how that would help the O's. DD can say no thanks to his agent.

To me his failed physical is the problem. Time for DD to look in another direction.

I don't see DD signing an injured player that would have to have surgery in the

hopes he would be ready for 2015.

Archived