Orioles turning attention to Fernando Rodney

oldbird

I really don't understand the Bud Norris hate. I thought it was a good trade and he only had one bad start with the Orioles, August 23 against the A's when he gave up 7 runs in 4 2/3 innings.

You do realize his era with us was 4.80 right?

I wasn't hating on him as much as how much we gave up for ANOTHER #4 starter.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of everybody left on the FA market I would only take Rodney, but if he wants what we were going to give Balfour it would be a big PASS. I'd give him 2 years 11-12 mil and that's it , if he wants more than that I would rather have Webb or Hunter given a shot to be our closer. As God as my witness if we traded JJ because of his 10 mil + salary and give Rodney anywhere close to that , I will start a riot outside of Camden yards and Peter's law firm building !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wherever that may be

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also, hearing it's probably Fernando Rodney or in-house candidate as closer. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> not in on Chris Perez.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">December 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="186"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh, man....Rodney :puke::puke::puke:

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

As and Orioles fan living in St. Pete, I have to say, NO FREAKING WAY!!!

Jason Hammel should close. Offer him 3/19.5. He'd be great. Bulldog mentality. Filthy stuff. Over the course of a season, much better out of the pen than starting.

Hammel would never pass the physical.

Rodney getting no respect in this thread. No respect I tell ya. No respect at all.
[video=youtube_share;qmHuDKNI23c]
Ah, Rodney. Also on this episode. The latest visit to Dr Vinnie Boombatz. Rodney asked what's the difference between a rectal thermometer and an oral thermometer. Dr. Boombatz said,"The taste." :wedge:

As and Orioles fan living in St. Pete, I have to say, NO FREAKING WAY!!!

Jason Hammel should close. Offer him 3/19.5. He'd be great. Bulldog mentality. Filthy stuff. Over the course of a season, much better out of the pen than starting.

Why on Earth would any rational GM give a 31 year old pitcher who's had exactly one good season in his entire career that kind of deal? Especially when he's probably available for a one year deal in the $3-5 million range? Ridiculous.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> being aggressive trying to land Fernando Rodney now that Balfour deal has collapsed.</p>— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) <a href="

">December 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived