Trade on the horizon?

fearthenoodle

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From Roch's morning post:

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2014/01/the-holiday-hiatus-is-over.html

I've heard rumblings that executive vice president Dan Duquette is working on a trade and may be at the point where he's checking medical records. Yeah, pretty vague, but that's another avenue to acquiring a hitter.

Let the speculation begin. I think it is Ike Davis.

Let the speculation begin. I think it is Ike Davis.

I wouldn't mind getting Ike Davis, but it would need to be for a mid-teens type prospect not a top-5 guy. I think he could be a suitable DH partner with Pearce who has good numbers in his career against LHP. It is a much cheaper move than other options to fill the hole, but that is good if we can use the rest of the money to sure up the pitching.

I'm a fan of Ike Davis, particularly if the return for NY is Britton, or someone outside the top 6-8 prospects.

He has always hit RHP, and even last year his numbers were very respectable against RHP (.356 OBP).

Davis does hit RHP well, but if you include the rest of last year's splits with the OBP, it's not that respectable: .222/.356/.371 (.727). You acquire Ike Davis for power, not walks!

If the rumors are true, I think Duquette acquires a low-cost, unexpected player, like he did with Lough. Given the salary savings he's targeted, seems to me that Davis' $3 million+ last year is a little rich for someone whose performance this year is rather unpredictable, unless what he trades off saves us money net. And that might be too good a player to give up for Ike Davis. Still thinking that he's accumalating financial reserve for a major FA signing or two down the road....

Davis does hit RHP well, but if you include the rest of last year's splits with the OBP, it's not that respectable: .222/.356/.371 (.727). You acquire Ike Davis for power, not walks!

If the rumors are true, I think Duquette acquires a low-cost, unexpected player, like he did with Lough. Given the salary savings he's targeted, seems to me that Davis' $3 million+ last year is a little rich for someone whose performance this year is rather unpredictable, unless what he trades off saves us money net. And that might be too good a player to give up for Ike Davis. Still thinking that he's accumalating financial reserve for a major FA signing or two down the road....

Everybody is loving walks these days. And we have plenty of power with or without Ike Davis. I suspect he'd hit some "bombs away" though.

Matusz would even out the money. Not sure what Britton is paid.

Yep. All true. You are buying into his ability to rebound from an overall poor year. He should be a decent platoon option, with upside.

Smoak! Please God let it be Smoak!

(It's probably Ike Davis :( )

I don't understand the fascination with Smoak. He would be decent gamble if it didn't take much to get him, but he hasn't shown much in the past few years.

I've heard rumblings that executive vice president Dan Duquette is working on a trade and may be at the point where he's checking medical records. Yeah, pretty vague, but that's another avenue to acquiring a hitter.

Whoever it is, they had a cold back in 2003 so he obviously won't pass our standards.

Archived