Per Connolly: O's intensifying interest in Morales (Roch says he's hearing no)

VeveJones007

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Going all in and signing Santana would allow us some flexibility to maybe add a LF.

Personally if it was one or the other I would probably try to get Ethier for LF over signing Santana.

Pretty sure they're comfortable heading into the season with Lough as the main guy in LF.

Well if you don't keep him then why give him the benefit of being in a major league camp?

There are a bunch of guys in camp with no options that they won't be able to keep. At some point I think they try to work something out with Boston so that we can keep him and send him to Norfolk if they like him enough. They may want to see him long enough in camp to make that decision.

When we sign Morales and noticed I said WHEN, do we do as Can of Corn has suggested and part ways with our silly dream of keeping a Rule 5 pick on this roster? Is he the guy that goes on the 40-man? I say yes.
Seems to me Morales gives him a better shot to stick. Morales gives us more room on the bench.

Clevenger/Monell

UTIF

4th OF

Almanzar

What if he breaks his ankle week one? He is not without risk.

What if you trip and twist your ankle going down stairs? Worse yet is whAt if you

drop your six pack and break every bottle? If you trip and hurt your ankle that

doesn't stop you from walking. Dropping your six pack wouldn't stop you from

drinking beer. Because Morales could hurt himself can't stop the O's from getting

players.

What if you trip and twist your ankle going down stairs? Worse yet is whAt if you

drop your six pack and break every bottle? If you trip and hurt your ankle that

doesn't stop you from walking. Dropping your six pack wouldn't stop you from

drinking beer. Because Morales could hurt himself can't stop the O's from getting

players.

I'm licking it up, every last drop. Broken glass be damned.

Seems to me Morales gives him a better shot to stick. Morales gives us more room on the bench.

Clevenger/Monell

UTIF

4th OF

Almanzar

I agree. With Morales, no need to carry an additional outfielder for a DH platoon. This doesn't bode well for Young and Urrutia.

Who's your 4th OF? None of those guys are. It were me my bench would be

Clevenger

Dejesus

Peguero

Pearce.

But they may want to keep Almanzar.

Lough can play CF. Pearce or Reimold can play LF well enough in a pinch. If they are truly "all in" on 2014, they'll want to keep a better bat on the bench than Almanzar.

Lough can play CF. Pearce or Reimold can play LF well enough in a pinch. If they are truly "all in" on 2014, they'll want to keep a better bat on the bench than Almanzar.
You're positive Almanzar won't hit well enough? I don't know, but I trust them to make the right decision. I like Pearce because he covers the COF and 1B, and could be a decent platoon with Lough in LF. I like Peguero because he is a RH bat, plays all 3 OF, could become a starter down the road if we keep him, and is a good PR.

Archived