2014 New York Yankees

OFFNY

I'll give Teix one thing, he is really forthcoming in interviews. Between him saying his back hurts really bad, indicating it's worse than Girardi is letting on, to (what was it last year) admitting he wasn't worth his own contract.

BTW the Yankees committed 5! Errors tonight (7/21) really makes me appreciate the Orioles' D.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hahaha

I imagine the Yankees are going to have a much better middle infield in 2015. Jeter and Roberts have zero range left. If they resign Chase Headley, that's a defensive improvement at 3B.

I have to think Headley is gone after this year. Unless they do some re-positioning. Obviously if Headley tears the cover off the ball they will try to keep him.

But going into 2015 they already have A-roid for 3B. I don't see him going to DH or anything full time just yet, although I could be wrong.

hahaha

I imagine the Yankees are going to have a much better middle infield in 2015. Jeter and Roberts have zero range left. If they resign Chase Headley, that's a defensive improvement at 3B.

There is a guy named Alex Rodriguez who is still under contract to play 3B next year.

Brandon McCarthy seems like he's back to being a very good pitcher since his trade to the Yankees. Apparently the Diamondbacks have a Philosophy similar to the Orioles where he told not to throw his cutter this year. As soon as he was traded to the Yankees he was allowed to throw his cutter again and the results have been great.

Reportedly in negotiations for De La Rosa. The rocks asked for Gausman from the Os, and the Yankees have nothing approaching that talent level, pitching wise, in their organization. Interesting to hear where that negotiation goes.

Luis Severino is on Harvey's level.Gary Sanchez is roughly a top 50-60 and then they have guys like Judge/Clarkin who will likely be top 100. I'd guess they ask for Sanchez and Clarkin at which point Cashman hangs up the phone.

Luis Severino is on Harvey's level.Gary Sanchez is roughly a top 50-60 and then they have guys like Judge/Clarkin who will likely be top 100. I'd guess they ask for Sanchez and Clarkin at which point Cashman hangs up the phone.

It's Juegelo and Clarkin. And they want Kennedy for that.

Archived