2014 New York Yankees

OFFNY

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Official Beltran concussion DL</p>— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) <a href="
">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is a shame. I hope there are not long term effects.

I wonder which DL they put him on?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a shame. I hope there are not long term effects.

I wonder which DL they put him on?

I thought I saw it was 7 day.

EDIT:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Beltran to the 7-day concussion DL, Solarte recalled from Scranton</p>— George A. King III (@GeorgeAKingIII) <a href="

">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Koji has bigger hands.

Koji throws it 44% of the time but as a reliever.

As a starter Tanaka leads the league in throwing splitters with 25%, next is Kuroda with 22%.

Kuroda has large hands so gets away with his splitter.

MLB club insiders thought that Tanaka was a time bomb ready to blow out his elbow

Live by the high priced FA's, die by the high priced FA's.
Yet, they have billions to fix their owie. The opulence there is disgustingly rigged in their favor. I am surprised they do not win every year.

Exactly.

There is no "risk/reward" factor for the Yankees. For most teams, if they splurge on a couple of highly expensive free agents that don't work out, that team will be pretty severely hamstrung financially as a result for several years. For the Yankees, it doesn't matter if they spend a lot of money on free agents that either bust and/or don't live up to the expectations that they had of them when they gave them all that money (Carl Pavano, A. J. Burnett, Randy Johnson, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixiera, etc.) Or for that matter, Derek Jeter's current contract. Jeter wasn't a free agent signing, but considering the ****load of money that they gave to him when he signed his contract extension back in 2010, he isn't coming close to playing like a $17 Million a year signing. They just keep spending and spending with little or no repercussions.

Hence, there nothing is remarkable about them being a contender year in and year out, with or without their injuries.

If I were a major league G.M., and you gave me the financial restrictions that MacPhail and Duquette have had on them, they would hang me outside of O.P.A.C.Y.

If I were a major league G.M., and you gave me more than $200 Million a year to work with every year for 10, 11, 12, 13 years running, I would find a way to put a winning team on the field every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived