2014 New York Yankees

OFFNY

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because of the fielding independent stuff? The Yankee's defense is horrible and they are still a very old range less team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Yankees?src=hash">#Yankees</a> latest roster shakeup isn't even worthy of Magic 8-ball; coin toss could determine 'outlook not so good' or 'don't count on it'</p>— Christina Kahrl (@ChristinaKahrl) <a href="

">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When I look at McCarthy's splits this year I see he did real good throwing a whole lot of innings against the punchless Padres who sport a spectacular .607 OPS. Against everybody else he was throwing batting practice. Me thinks he'll be throwing a lot more batting practice facing AL lineups every fifth day.

When I look at McCarthy's splits this year I see he did real good throwing a whole lot of innings against the punchless Padres who sport a spectacular .607 OPS. Against everybody else he was throwing batting practice. Me thinks he'll be throwing a lot more batting practice facing AL lineups every fifth day.

Diamondbacks placed now-Yankees pitcher Brandon McCarthy on waivers six to eight weeks ago, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets. That means anyone could have claimed him and assumed the remainder of his $9MM salary for 2014.

mlbtraderumors.com

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tanaka to DL with elbow inflammation</p>— wallace matthews (@ESPNNYYankees) <a href="

">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

Brian Roberts is batting 5th tonight vs the Indians. Brian Roberts.

And yet the Yanks are hanging in there in extra innings (11th as of this post). It's amazing they're still over .500. Shout out to Joe Girardi... but I gotta think they're running out of duct tape.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Tanaka to DL with elbow inflammation</p>— wallace matthews (@ESPNNYYankees) <a href="
">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

So if TJ, then he is probably out for the whole season next year, I imagine. Wow, what a blow.

Wonder how Cashman will react, they are still in striking distance.

So if TJ, then he is probably out for the whole season next year, I imagine. Wow, what a blow.

Wonder how Cashman will react, they are still in striking distance.

A bit early to mention TJ surgery. Putting him on the DL could be strictly precautionary. Let's wait until the MRI is read and see what the doctor has to say about it.

A bit early to mention TJ surgery. Putting him on the DL could be strictly precautionary. Let's wait until the MRI is read and see what the doctor has to say about it.

Or let's speculate that he will never pitch again. That's always fun. With a Yankee.

rumors are already floating out of NY and their sports media hypes that he is done for and needs TJ.

We shall see.

rumors are already floating out of NY and their sports media hypes that he is done for and needs TJ.

We shall see.

Pitchers with small hands who throw too many splitters get elbow (TJ) problems.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Official Beltran concussion DL</p>— Kevin Kernan (@WheresKernan) <a href="

">July 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

Archived