2014 Ubaldo Jimenez Today

Il BuonO

To not start gausman or any of the young pitchers at this point is rediculous. These guys stink and can't put back to back starts together. This is a .500 team, nothing more and nothing less.

What young pitchers? Gausman started yesterday. Bundy is coming off of Tommy John and is rehabbing. Eduardo Rodriguez looks terrible. There are some others, but none of them are viable options at this point.

And judging Ubaldo on *1* start when he had a 2.90 ERA in his last 7 starts is insane. I understand the pitchforks and all, that was a terrible outing, but sometimes people need to step back from the ledge.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What young pitchers? Gausman started yesterday. Bundy is coming off of Tommy John and is rehabbing. Eduardo Rodriguez looks terrible. There are some others, but none of them are viable options at this point.

And judging Ubaldo on *1* start when he had a 2.90 ERA in his last 7 starts is insane. I understand the pitchforks and all, that was a terrible outing, but sometimes people need to step back from the ledge.

His BB/9 was 4.7 going into today. Even in his good starts he's walking guys and getting into deep counts. He's frustrating to watch and the walk rate needs to come down.

Stop picking arbitrary data points. His last 7 starts mean as much as his first 7 starts.

Not if you take into account track record. He historically stinks in April. Take into account *4* new catchers (Hundley, Joseph, Clevenger, Wieters), a new pitching coach, a new team, started spring training late.

Not if you take into account track record. He historically stinks in April. Take into account *4* new catchers (Hundley, Joseph, Clevenger, Wieters), a new pitching coach, a new team, started spring training late.

I don't disagree that those are factors, but that has nothing to do with his inexplicable ability to just lose it at a moments notice.

Not denying that.

This umpire is an absolute joke, though. 5 clear strikes this inning all called balls. More reason for an electronic strike zone.

That said, his command is ALLLLLL over the place.

Kazmir seems to be doing okay with Johnson's strike zone. 57 pitches; 19 balls; 38 strikes. 1 walk.

Jimenez; not so much. 63 pitches; 33 balls; 30 strikes. 5 walks.

Brach; same garbage. 48 pitches; 25 balls, 23 strikes. 4 walks (so far).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> have scored 3 or fewer runs in 11 of Jimenez's 14 starts & 1 or fewer in 6, including 4 of his last 5 outings. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BlueJays&src=hash">#BlueJays</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Since it seems necessary to thro a shutout at OPACY, I'm not sure it's all UJ's fault.

Let's be as clinical as possible. 5 walks and 2 strikeouts in 6 innings is mostly his fault. There's also blame to be shared by bad umpiring calls and/or bad catcher framing and pitch calling. And most of it is probably still his fault.

So Greg Maddux circa mid 90s can pitch for this team and lose 1-0 and I can say "he was magnificent." Ubaldo Jiminez pitched for this team and lost and not only did the offense suck but he also sucked.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> have scored 3 or fewer runs in 11 of Jimenez's 14 starts & 1 or fewer in 6, including 4 of his last 5 outings. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BlueJays&src=hash">#BlueJays</a></p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">June 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think he must read this board I mentioned that in the game and now he post that. lol

Archived