2014 Ubaldo Jimenez Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elimination Joe Saunders right? Not Randy Tommy John Wolf.

Wolf looked good in his last outing. I'll take that kind of performance from UJ. Especially the one walk over 6 IP. If he has command that is over half the battle.

Well, he did his job. I thought he could have went further, but thankfully we got our LOOGY in there and then kept him in there. :cussing:

There was a flood of complaints about this on the game thread, but I side with Buck on this. He wanted Matusz to pitch to the two lefty hitters after Chirinos (who hit the homer). Chirinos is a weak hitter with a career .585 OPS and both the O's and Rangers announcers commented that he was a purely defensive player that Texas wanted to supplement with a better-hitting catcher, i.e. he isn't someone dangerous enough for Buck to play match-up with, whereas Choo and, to a lesser extent, Odor are. (This season Choo is hitting better against LHP, but the career stats show a clear normal split.) Well, Chirinos was having a good day at the plate--cf. his earlier double--and he ended up going yard. Matusz got his three lefty hitters out--all of them more dangerous than Chirinos--and I appreciate that he was in to do it.

Ubaldo pitched pretty good . The one thing I didn't like ,he is 0-2 on Chance,a rookie and he ends up walking him. Go after him, This raises the pitch count and stops him from going deeper in games.

There's a fine line between "going after him" and "nibbling" and "making him swing at my pitch" and "grooving him a meatball." If it really was simple and straighforward the league ERA would be 1.52.

Ubaldo pitched pretty good . The one thing I didn't like ,he is 0-2 on Chance,a rookie and he ends up walking him. Go after him, This raises the pitch count and stops him from going deeper in games.

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't let you do that."

You think Ubaldo really has this ability? He seems like he is able to use the adrenaline. And maybe that is something good for us.

Archived