Nationals fans angry about Orioles

blid

Drive by the billboard everyday on my way home from work, love it. Lived in NOVA my whole life, love DC and its sports teams but will never switch from the O's to the Nats. Not sure how any self respecting sports fanatic could switch teams.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WHA??? Are you completely daft? PA put every lawyerly resource he had against it. (And got us a SWEET deal for his efforts.)

You are wrong; baltimore franchises have never voted to block a franchise in DC. If you think you are still right, tell me what year the Orioles voted to block a DC franchise.

You are wrong; baltimore franchises have never voted to block a franchise in DC. If you think you are still right, tell me what year the Orioles voted to block a DC franchise.

It was not a block. D.C. market was given to the Orioles. That market was part of the blue sky that Mr. Angelos bought. He was given a market equalizing, D.C. punitive televison rights deal. Forever. As a compensation for allowing MLB to relocation a club that they owned and that all 30 owners were supporting to be sold for a profit and for that Mr. Angelos owned a portion of the D.C. Baseball T.V. rights. The words are there. The Nationals can never change that.

Archived