Nationals fans angry about Orioles

blid

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Football rivalries are mild. Compared to Soccer ones. That's where The Wedge issue, abides. Besides. The Wedge prefers baseball in it's native state.

Unless you are Tony Siragusa in the mens restroom at M&T !

I remember his call to action for the Steelers game back in the 1st Super Bowl year.

Most could not get jobs in the private industry

I don't share your opinion, and since I have worked for the government for almost thirty years prior to going into private industry for quite a few years, I think it entitles me to an opinion. :)

Not to say there isn't lazy workers, which there are for sure, but when you use that word, "Most", well thats probably a bit overboard.

Correct, along with all the overpaid government workers
Most could not get jobs in the private industry

So I know handful of computer programmers that started off working for the federal government ($64K) who left their positions within 18 months to take the same position for private contractor for almost DOUBLE their salary.

Private sector employees are the most overpaid workers. Thats a FACT.

At least the Government is still hiring whereas the PS (Private Sector) continues to layoff workers.

This thread has bothered me to the point where I feel like I have to make this post. Normally I'm on the OH to simply read about the Orioles and further my baseball education with those on here who like to share it. In fact, you can read my post history and see when I've posted in the past it's about things like my experiences at O's games or hoping to get more information about an upcoming O's fanfest. Not to make a post like this one.

It bothers the living hell out of me the agnst some people have posted on here about the Redskins fans. We're uneducated and stupid? Ravens fans are amazing and know-all? Excuse me for laughing in your face. I grew up in the Bowie area, born in 1983 and became a fan of the Orioles, Redskins, Capitals, and Terps. When the Ravens first became a franchise, I didn't care at all. Maybe I'd root for an AFC team now? Then the year 2000 happened and the Ravens won the Super Bowl and everything changed. Ravens fans lost all class in my face, throwing their Super Bowl victory in my face like I had rooted against or hated the Ravens prior to that season. Over the years I've run into more stupid Ravens fans than I can even count. In fact, I know more about the Ravens franchise than the typical fan I run across in my lifetime. I've heard quotes of things like "Ray Lewis is the best linebacker to be drafted in the NFL out of USC" and "I was so happy when we drafted Anquan Boldin." Or how about how "elite" Joe Flacco is at QB? But if I bring up the fact that RG3's QB rating last year, you know the year he was "terrible", his QB rating was better than 3 of Flacco's seasons I'm an idiot? Want to talk turnovers? Last year RG3 had a "terrible" 18 turnovers compared to the following years for Flacco: 18, 18, 17, 21, 16, and 30. Or how about RG3's rookie season he had a QB rating of 102.4 whereas Flacco has never posted a rating over 94. What I absolutely loved is when all the Ravens fans cheered on facebook when Ngata hurt RG3's knee, rubbing it in my face at work and in social settings. Yep, Ravens fans are much smarter and kinder than Redskins fans.

How about every fanbase has their idiots? Every fanbase also has their educated fans that don't deserve to be lumped into an "idiot fanbase." I have several friends who are Ravens fans that are educated whom I enjoy chatting with football about. Plus there have been other Ravens fans I didn't even know and enjoyed chatting with them about football. Yeah sure there are friendly barbs at each other, but we know the other person knows what they're talking about. The fact is I know not all Ravens fans are stupid and as such I don't hate Ravens fans or pointlessly bash them on message boards at every opportunity I get.

To be fair in my post, I've also been called a "traitor" by other Nats fans I know and have run into at bars or on other comment threads. Simply because I'm a fan of every other team in DC I'm supposed to switch my alliance because of a new team showing up? How about no.

And to the person who had to say something about the federal government workers. Learn before you speak. As long as I've been a federal employee (going on 7 years now) the agencies I've worked for have had to follow the federally mandated policy that they can hire 1 new employee for every 3 employees who leave. That means more and more work is being given to less and less employees.

Point being, educate yourself. There are stupid fans in every fan base. I've had to correct dumb Orioles fans at games before. One fun example was I heard a guy say "the O's really need some pitching. Why don't they just trade Adam Jones for Clayton Kershaw. Done deal." I had to correct him with the litany of reasons why the Dodgers wouldn't do it and he argued until he was blue in the face. You can't fix stupid, but not all of us Redskin fans are stupid.

Okay saw the full text of Dukes' "argument" He says essentially that he understands people who grew up rooting for the O's when D.C didn't have a team and that he himself was and still is something of a Cubs fan. But

he feels that D.C area O's fans should have switched as soon as D.C got a team.

He's crazy, how did he even get a job on radio to begin with?

I'm not from Baltimore, born in DC and grew up in Silver Spring as a O's fan, will always be a O's fan and never root on the curly W. With the exception of my boss all the the redskins fan I know like myself are O's fans and none of us has have anything good to say about Snyder and could care less about the nats.

There are plenty of crazy redskins fans out there (go 2-0 in preseason means eventual Super Bowl champs etc.), that is evident as it is with any sports team. To say all redskins fans are stupid and uneducated is foolish.

Archived