vs. ROYALS, 4/25

OFFNY

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck should have been ecstatic getting 2 ER over 6 from Jimenez. Could have helped Ubaldos confidence. But, he allows him to go too long and now leaves him facing another bad start. Buck leaves a lot to be desired in his pitching decisions.

Did the same in his last start, when he let him face Gomes, who had hit him well.

Ubaldo's pitch count wasn't the problem, he always struggles with command, early or late in the game. And nobody hit him hard. If not for than BS bunt things might have been very different. The main thing has been the O's inability to do anything with Ventura.

Ubaldo's pitch count wasn't the problem, he always struggles with command, early or late in the game. And nobody hit him hard. If not for than BS bunt things might have been very different. The main thing has been the O's inability to do anything with Ventura.

T.J. definitely has a spot for a while.

Did the same in his last start, when he let him face Gomes, who had hit him well.

Yep. I understand Buck wanting more innings from his starters. But he needs to accept that he has a rotation full of 5-6 inning starters. Trying to force more is just asking for trouble.

Last night, we didn't pull ahead until 1 out in the 7th.

Last season, I made the frequent mistake of giving up on the O's early when they were down. One of my new years resolutions was to not do that. Against Toronto they gave me faith that my refusal to give up was well-placed.

I'm going to keep listening (I don't have the video feed tonight, just radio) and ride this one out, win or lose. Magic may yet occur.

Archived