vs. TIGERS, 5/14 (Day Game)

Aglets

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tigers are pretty good and they just own us. Glad to see them gone. It was a bad time for the Orioles to have them come into town. Well, honestly, it's always a bad time to play the Tigers. It's amazing how Detroit can afford such a large payroll and we have to scrape by. Oh well, that's MLB for you.

Well, so much for that. I'm better at staying negative and getting reverse jinx.

A valiant effort, though.

I'm hoping that scoring 5 runs in one inning (all with 2 outs) off of Verlander, plus the bases-loaded near-rally in the 8th is a sign that the offense could be starting to get their butts back in gear.

We shall see.

We had chances to tie it but as usual the offense comes up small. Somebody should let them know just because they scored 5 runs in the 5th doesn't mean they can disappear again. Same old, same old.

I agree, they said screw it we have scored our quota, when they had a chance in the 8th it was pure luck.

Tigers are pretty good and they just own us. Glad to see them gone. It was a bad time for the Orioles to have them come into town. Well, honestly, it's always a bad time to play the Tigers. It's amazing how Detroit can afford such a large payroll and we have to scrape by. Oh well, that's MLB for you.

Went 4-2 vs them last year, Valverde helped.

Didn't we have a winning record against them last year? Or am I just projecting my hopes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

A valiant effort, though.

I'm hoping that scoring 5 runs in one inning (all with 2 outs) off of Verlander, plus the bases-loaded near-rally in the 8th is a sign that the offense could be starting to get their butts back in gear.

We shall see.

Are you Tom Davis or Rick Dempsey?? :D

Are you Tom Davis or Rick Dempsey?? :D

Actually, I am uoften mistaken for Gary Thorne, because I often say things just before he says them.

Some would take that as an insult, but I take it as a compliment. :cool:

Didn't we have a winning record against them last year? Or am I just projecting my hopes.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I meant "this year". They certainly owned us this series. Grant we were Huntered in one of the games, but other than one inning today, we were just dominated by their pitching.

By the way, we lost our 2010 2nd round draft pick because we signed Mike Gonzalez from the Braves. The Tigers chose Drew Smyly 15 picks after that pick. It certainly helps when your second round draft picks contribute to your major league squad. It's been awhile for the Orioles to be able to see that (No, Reimold does not count).

Archived