Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

Every little bit helps? What's your take on the significance of Machado's injury? Do the O's playoff chances look markedly worse, or do you think the loss is marginal?

(obviously asking because it would seem to be counterintuitive to think that Manny's loss is grave, but the acquisition of Beltre would have a negligible impact. If you don't think Manny's loss is a big deal, then there's no logical conflict)

Every little bit helps, but at what cost?

I'm a huge believer in not perpetually living in the future. But, you also don't ignore it. You live in the present for an eye towards the future. Especially for a mid-market team like the O's/

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea crazy silver set me straight earlier.

My response to trading Bundy, Walker and Cisco was to albinohero (I think) post which said IF we win the world series it would be worth it. And since it's been since it's been since 1983 we were even there, I think anything we give up will be worth it. If we win it all. Of course we only know that after-the-fact so not saying that it should be done just saying that if it was done and we won it all. Then, yes I am for it.

You should look up some comments by Hank Peters and when he thought the Orioles Franchise started heading downhill. It would affect the outlook of many about this. You don't react, you plan.

The orioles have a serious problem with their team doctors. This needs to be addressed. This is twice that Manny got 2nd opinions that resulted in surgery.

Don't go talking trash about the guys that saved us from Ballfour!

Unless there is bone sticking out you are always going to try rest and rehab first.

Yes, I would love to.

The O's should be able to get a nice below market deal. And by spring both knees with be fixed.

I think that actually is a wonderful idea. Once the youngster has both knees fixed he (I believe) will be good to go with a long productive career ahead of him. Get him while he's cheap!

I don't know right now.

I can go ahead and say even a big deal isn't going to move the needle that much in regards to the team winning a WS once they get to the playoffs.

Yeah, but I'd certainly feel a little better with Davis...not at 3B. For me, it comes down to cost (for Beltre). I'd probably balk at Bundy, but I'd like to hear something in the media about what the actual cost might be.

I don't know right now.

I can go ahead and say even a big deal isn't going to move the needle that much in regards to the team winning a WS once they get to the playoffs.

The needle would move up a little with Beltre replacing MM. Beltre replacing Flaherty? Stop that.

Let's review

Someone said trade Bundy+ which is like the new thing now here

You said let's trade Machado for Beltre

I said that doesn't make sense

You said pay attenion

I said, I am..the idea of giving up the talent is a bad idea because that's what a bad org would do

You said the samething.

Fill in the blanks if I am missing something.

Okay, you weren't paying attention to the numerous times I mentioned that I didn't want to trade Machado for Beltre, but threw it out there as an alternative for the crowd that was willing to give up Bundy++ for Beltre.

Let's review

Someone said trade Bundy+ which is like the new thing now around here

You said let's trade Machado for Beltre

I said that doesn't make sense

You said pay attenion

I said, I am..the idea of giving up the young talent is a bad idea because that's what a bad org would do

You said the samething about paying attention

Fill in the blanks if I am missing something.

Machado would not pass through waivers. So he can not be traded.

Okay, you weren't paying attention to the numerous times I mentioned that I didn't want to trade Machado for Beltre, but threw it out there as an alternative for the crowd that was willing to give up Bundy++ for Beltre.

No I was paying attention. You somehow believe that you "throwing it out there" as an alternative means that someone shouldn't respond why the alternative is just as bad, if not worse.

What happened to the team ERA when Manny got back up to speed?

What happened to the team ERA when Manny joined the team in 2012?

It ain't marginal.

It is! Manny didn't cause that SSS crap! The pitching stepped up. For several weeks.

Archived