vs. TWINS, 8/31

OFFNY

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I highly doubt that.

I hope your doubt is that he'll still be on the major league club in 3 years. The money is water under the bridge now. Duquette screwed up. The best thing we can do now is get him off the ML roster, for good, and do whatever we can to minimize our losses by preventing him from ruining our ML record. If we can trick another team into taking him as a PTBNL in a minor league deal, that would be sweet. We'll even eat his contract.

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. He cannot pitch from the pen walking 3 hitters an inning. If the Os get close to clinching, giving him addtional start or two may be better than him trying to pitch out of the pen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was decent last time. Something like 4IP 1R 0 BB 6K.

Or am I way off there?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Hays, Mateo, Urias, and Holliday represent about 15% of our teams PA's (218 of 1514) and have 12 walks combined. Their combined OBP is like 23% or something like that. It wouldn't be a stretch to say only Holliday is really going to be a future fixture of the team and he will/should be a very good OBP player.
    • Both taken out of the game under somewhat odd circumstances. Hays pinch run for by Stowers,  after pinch hitting for Cedric and getting a double.     Santander was taken out for defense in the 9th and replaced by O'Hearn.   In the previous inning Santander had doubled and was out at the plate on a head first slide on McCann's squeeze attempt. Neither of these moves makes sense from a tactical point of view.    Stowers isn't faster than Hays nor would he be a better CF.   O'Hearn isn't better defensively than Santander.   So I have to assume Hays and Santander are both nicked up one way or the other, leading to their removal.   Bears watching as we head into the weekend.   If it's just minor, we have an off day tomorrow.  But I found it odd that with Mullins' slump, Hays didn't start the game today vs a lefty.
    • I have to admit, that was pretty hilarious.  But as fans, we’ve all been there.  I feel sorry for those two die-hards.
    • Perhaps not planning to start either one of them in this series and thinking that they prefer Hays to McKenna as a PH? This could explain the timing of Stowers over Kjerstad. Since Stowers is a better defensive option while they are hesitating to put Hays out there.
    • Both of them come across as being very arrogant know-it-all types. But I’m sorry give me Nestor over La Canfora any day! At least Nestor doesn’t consistently make stuff up and then try to pretend that it’s some kind of “insider” reporting.
    • Alright fair. I think if you're the FO you have to second guess this approach because it's not working for your hitters. Everyone is flailing at garbage and popping stuff up. I don't really understand the benefit of being over-aggressive. Let's take this series where it's plain to see that Toronto has good starting pitching and a bad bullpen. But due to your aggressiveness, you don't chase the SP, and therefore you're stuck facing Toronto's only two good relievers in Romano and Yimi - in both games due to the rainout.  So that's a bad approach mixed with bad advance scouting. They picked the most difficult way to try and beat this Jays team.
    • Come on, fellas.  It's just Dundalk Jay, man.  He's just trollin the airwaves a little... lol.  Tryin' to get some O's talk goin'.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now