Will Markakis sign with the O's before the FA signing begin? (Option Declined)

wildcard

Will Markakis resign with the O's before he is eligible to sign with other clubx?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Will Markakis resign with the O's before he is eligible to sign with other clubx?

• Yes, Nick will resign with the O's before he is eligible to sigin with other clubs.
    • No, will not resign with the O's at all
    • No, Nick will not resign with the O's before he can sign with other clubs

If he is brought back, I hope its nothing more than like 3 years/30 million. Anything more I'd be weary of giving it to him.

Even that's to much.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, baseball is also a sentimental game, and while I agree that letting him go makes sense on paper, I really would hate to see it actually happen. Nick Markakis is really just a league average player, but he's OUR league average player, the kind of player that helps me as a fan to feel a stronger connection to the team I root for. And that matters to me.

For me, baseball is also a sentimental game, and while I agree that letting him go makes sense on paper, I really would hate to see it actually happen. Nick Markakis is really just a league average player, but he's OUR league average player, the kind of player that helps me as a fan to feel a stronger connection to the team I root for. And that matters to me.

My head wants to scream,"No, you're nuts!", but part of me agrees. Markakis is probably one of the better people in all of baseball. If they pay a few million more per year over what he's worth I won't complain.

Dan doesn't make huge mistakes so this would fall into the minor category if Nick stays league average. Please don't feel the need to respond and point out other outcomes.

I don't run the team.

I just can't help but think of Brian Roberts and the 40M we set on fire there (very predictably). Two or three years and 10M AAV is basically my limit, and I'm not even excited about that.

I really can't see us going much higher than that. At least Nick doesn't have a history of hitting himself in the head.

Where else do you think Buck will bat him?

7th would be good, but Buck won't do it unless we have better options.

Well said. He's our guy.

I think Markakis is fine as a leadoff hitter. His OBP this past year was .342, compared to a league average of .316. That to me is the only thing that really matters in a leadoff hitter. I'd like to see that OBP up north of .360, but those players are not easy to come by.

I think Markakis is fine as a leadoff hitter. His OBP this past year was .342, compared to a league average of .316. That to me is the only thing that really matters in a leadoff hitter. I'd like to see that OBP up north of .360, but those players are not easy to come by.

[video=youtube;Bnvvn0xrV24]

Archived