Per Roch: What did the Royals do that was so "unlikeable"?

Jagwar

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hated Hosmer's reactions, especially that shoulder shrug thing after getting a hit.

Yep. Him and Moustakas, whom seemed to be exploding in a testosterone rage the times I saw his reactions in the dugout. He had a look that would kill when you'd think he'd be smiling and giving happy body language. Totally off-putting.

I really didn't have issues with the on-field antics. You are either able to back those things up or you're not- and if you're not- ultimate justice comes quick in the form of "L's". I also think if fast forward 15 years there's a scrappy young Orioles club doing those kind of things (and backing them up)- most of us will probably be applauding their "pluck" and "boys of summer" attitude, etc.

What I didn't like was that as far as I could tell there was virtually ZERO acknowledgment by their ownership, front office or manager of the tremendous season the Orioles had had- and how competitive the series had been notwithstanding the 4-0 score. Definitely not on the field after the game- and not in any of the interview clips I've seen/read since. It's certainly not obligatory to say those kind of things- but I do think that is sort of something that separates the class organizations from just the regular ones. As of now- can't really say that I include Kansas City (as an organization) in the former column. Not "sour grapes"- just is what it is.

As always- I felt Buck continued to distinguish himself as a true gentleman equally capable of meeting both triumph (Detroit) and disaster (KC) and treating each imposter the same. So pleased he is the "voice" (and face) of our franchise.:thumbsup1:

I really didn't have issues with the on-field antics. You are either able to back those things up or you're not- and if you're not- ultimate justice comes quick in the form of "L's". I also think if fast forward 15 years there's a scrappy young Orioles club doing those kind of things (and backing them up)- most of us will probably be applauding their "pluck" and "boys of summer" attitude, etc.

What I didn't like was that as far as I could tell there was virtually ZERO acknowledgment by their ownership, front office or manager of the tremendous season the Orioles had had- and how competitive the series had been notwithstanding the 4-0 score. Definitely not on the field after the game- and not in any of the interview clips I've seen/read since. It's certainly not obligatory to say those kind of things- but I do think that is sort of something that separates the class organizations from just the regular ones. As of now- can't really say that I include Kansas City (as an organization) in the former column. Not "sour grapes"- just is what it is.

As always- I felt Buck continued to distinguish himself as a true gentleman equally capable of meeting both triumph (Detroit) and disaster (KC) and treating each imposter the same. So pleased he is the "voice" of our franchise.:thumbsup1:

This. You know Buck and our front-line guys would have complimented the opposition even after sweeping them--as they did toward the Tigers.

Hosmer didn't bother me all that much. He just played with a lot of enthusiasm. I could imagine AJ rubbing some opposing fans the wrong way as well, but I don't see the harm in it personally.

Dyson bothered me. He was a relatively fringe player, so if he goes hitless in the series and gets picked off or caught stealing, that's enough karma in my book for him.

Guthrie disappointed me. Supposedly a nice guy, but the tshirt thing just came off as cocky. I wouldn't mind him losing the game he pitches, even if the Royals win the series.

In what way? What does Adam Jones do?

I hated Hosmer's reactions, especially that shoulder shrug thing after getting a hit.
Seriously? What did they do? The comments, the T-shirts, the constant showboating and frat boy antics after every hit, stolen base, homerun, defensive play, chest thumping/bumping, etc. It's not that all of that stuff was necessarily directed at the Orioles (aside from the comments and t-shirt), it was just over the top obnoxious shenanigans throughout the series. Little leaguers don't even do the stuff they were doing and these are grown men. Show some respect to your opponent and the sport. Celebrating is one thing but the stuff they were doing just rubs me the wrong way. I know they hadn't been there before, so to speak, but it's about time they start acting like it. Half of the guys on that team are begging for a pitch in the ribs.

Can't stand Hosmer. Not one bit. And the Dyson stuff. It certainly didn't help that the TBS crew was openly rooting for them from game 1 on.

Can't stand Hosmer. Not one bit. And the Dyson stuff. It certainly didn't help that the TBS crew was openly rooting for them from game 1 on.

Hosmer has a perpetual smirk on his face and I just feel like cleaning his clock. The Dyson comments were just something that a professional doesn't say. That's the kind of trash talk you make when you're playing your buddy in Madden or MLB the Show. And don't get me started on the TBS crew. They barely acknowledged that the Royals had an opponent. Now maybe it was because Buck didn't want them to or the players didn't want to but every game had a Royals player doing that "Miced Up" thing...Nelson Cruz did it once and they showed him for like 5 seconds. For as much crap as people on here give to Cal the analyst, I thought he did pretty well. He wasn't rooting for either team and there was no Brooks Robinson trash talk.

I didn't really find anything wrong with anything the Royals did. It's a bunch of grown men playing a kids game. They are just having fun out there. Lighten up.

I'm still rooting for them. Couldn't stomach seeing the Cards or Giants win another WS.

I didn't really find anything wrong with anything the Royals did. It's a bunch of grown men playing a kids game. They are just having fun out there. Lighten up.

I'm still rooting for them. Couldn't stomach seeing the Cards or Giants win another WS.

There's celebrating and having fun and then there's disrespecting and showing up your opponent.

There's celebrating and having fun and then there's disrespecting and showing up your opponent.

Don't like it? Score some runs and win some games. That will shut em up.

Some people just take sports too seriously.

As always- I felt Buck continued to distinguish himself as a true gentleman equally capable of meeting both triumph (Detroit) and disaster (KC) and treating each imposter the same. So pleased he is the "voice" (and face) of our franchise.:thumbsup1:

Ned Yost acknowledged that they were close games and paid Buck a visit after the Game 4 loss.

Archived