• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Good for little/young Yastrzemski.

Tony Pente had this to say about him in an interview last month:

OFFNY said:
o

PRESS BOX:O You know we're getting old when we are talking about a guy whose grandfather we remember well ...... Mike Yastrzemski.

TONY:O Yastrzemski is a guy that really stepped up last season. He had a great college career at Vanderbilt. He's not a great "toosly" guy ...... not a guy that the scouts go out and fall in love with. BUT, if you watch the guy over a long period of time (140 or 150 games), you realize that he's a guy that can help you. He's a great defensive outfielder. He has a little bit of pop, and he hits the ball to all fields. He's a guy that I can see eventually becoming perhaps a 4th outfielder, and help a ball club.

o

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3772490

o

• 3 months later...
o

Little Yastrzemski is having a mediocre year on offense for AA-Bowie:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=yastrz001mic

I'm rooting for the former Vanderbilt Commodore to succeed long-term.

I don't see an opening for Yaz in Norfolk. He's probably going to have to repeat Bowie if they plan on giving him everyday AB's. I was expecting more from Yaz and G.Davis. But both have had their struggles and injuries.

Mike Yastrzemski seemed to hit a wall, both offensively and defensively, at Bowie. It happens to a lot of young players. The good ones figure out a way to break through and move on. I like this kid because he is definitely talented and motivated. I think he figures it out and will be in Norfolk by mid-season next year.

I wonder if the Orioles will assign him to play in the Arizona Fall League?

o

Mike Yastrzemski hit a 1st-inning, 2-run home run to kick off a 4-hit night, and the Baysox defeated AA-Reading by a score of 6-2 at First Energy Stadium on Saturday night. The win coincided with losses from AA-Altoona and AA-Akron, all of which helped the Baysox' cause to secure a postseason berth.

Win Moves Bowie to Brink of Playoff Birth

(Reading, PA)

http://bowie.baysox.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150829&content_id=146215852&fext=.jsp&vkey=recap&sid=t418

o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived