Delmon Young wants two year deal, Orioles offering him one year

xian4

Would this sound crazy?...No Cruz, No Markakis

Trade: Norris++

Acquire: Top Prospect.

FA Signing: James Shields

This team will never sign a 100m dollar pitcher.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just out of curiosity, how do you think he would project as a full time DH in place of Cruz? If Cruz is out the door, Young would be a very low risk investment.

Low-risk, low-reward. Young has a very extensive track record. In over 4000 plate appearances he's been worth -0.4 fWAR. The difference between Cruz' 4-win 2014 and a full year of Delmon DHing in 2015 is probably about four wins.

The question is will they be the Mexico City Orange Peyotes by then.

Do you anticipate great upheaval in baseball? The O's can't be in the top 10 or 15 relocation candidates, and at the current rate of one relocation every 30 years or so, that puts an O's move somewhere around the year 2464. By then a $100M contract might be for 10 days in the Atlantic League to fill in for an injury. If money still exists.

Do you anticipate great upheaval in baseball? The O's can't be in the top 10 or 15 relocation candidates, and at the current rate of one relocation every 30 years or so, that puts an O's move somewhere around the year 2464. By then a $100M contract might be for 10 days in the Atlantic League to fill in for an injury. If money still exists.

Depends completely on the MASN outcome in my mind.

Depends completely on the MASN outcome in my mind.

Baltimore, by itself, is about the same size as Kansas City and San Diego, bigger than Cincy or Milwaukee, about on par with Pittsburgh and St. Louis. I don't hear people realistically claiming that they're on the verge of collapse. In fact, with revenue sharing most of those teams are doing pretty well. If the O's can't survive or even thrive in a similar market with a rich history, great fanbase, and a top stadium then baseball better have some serious plans to contract to about 15 teams.

If he's not asking for a lot, and he's very happy with his role then I'd absolutely give him 2 years.

2y/3M? No problem. That's more than enough for his value to the team if he's content in his role.

I have to agree.

If he's content w/ his role and the deal isn't that expensive, I don't see a big deal giving him a second year.

Now, if he wants more playing time, expects to be an everyday player and expects to be paid like one ... Well, you'll be missed Delmon. Good luck in your future endeavors. :D

Baltimore, by itself, is about the same size as Kansas City and San Diego, bigger than Cincy or Milwaukee, about on par with Pittsburgh and St. Louis. I don't hear people realistically claiming that they're on the verge of collapse. In fact, with revenue sharing most of those teams are doing pretty well. If the O's can't survive or even thrive in a similar market with a rich history, great fanbase, and a top stadium then baseball better have some serious plans to contract to about 15 teams.

San Diego is really rich. KC, well...you have me there. Same with Pittsburgh. You may well be right. As long as we are willing to be the team that has revenue for a playoff run every 20 or 30 years...we'd be good.

Archived