Delmon Young wants two year deal, Orioles offering him one year

xian4

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cannot see the Mets signing.. not for more than we would anyway. All he would do there is PH. At least we can DH him.

Related Note: I never want him to see the light of day in our outfield ever again.

They could play him in the outfield and would. They might be foolish enough to give him a two year deal. They certainly could find 200 plus at bats for him.

Guest rochester
Dan never panicked on Ubaldo. In the same circumstance, he'd do it again. Santana would have been worse. I have seen Ubaldo pitch well. For the Orioles.

Maybe panicked is too strong a word. But I do tend to believe there was some angst about getting another SP, or at least a bit more than usual. It's not about his performance last year, 4 years at $50m for someone who is on and off seemed a bit out of character.

Let them. There are probably two dozen Delmons you could pick up at any moment for almost nothing.

Let's not forget Delmon had a good season for the Orioles in 2014. It so happens to have been better than his averages:

2014 - .302/.337/.442, 120 OPS+

prior - .282/.316/.423, 98 OPS+

If we knew for sure that he'd duplicate his '14 numbers, absolutely sign him up for two years. We don't know that.

(btw that's not arguing you Drungo, just emphasizing your statement)

Maybe panicked is too strong a word. But I do tend to believe there was some angst about getting another SP, or at least a bit more than usual. It's not about his performance last year, 4 years at $50m for someone who is on and off seemed a bit out of character.

Burnett or Arroyo would have been worse.

Archived