Delmon Young wants two year deal, Orioles offering him one year

xian4

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmy Paredes had one of he biggest hits of the year in that first game of the DH with the Yanks when things were still fairly tight. He probably doesn't even make the team. Delmon did a nice job. Let's not go crazy. One year.

No comparison to winning the second game of the ALDS. Zero. Plus Delmon actually can hit. Unlike Paredes.

You said we should reward him "if only for this hit". Before last year, Young hadn't hit in about 4 years. Don't get used to it. No problem if he wants to sign on for another year as a reserve/PH.

Yeah, that was my own enthusiasm at being there that day, no doubt. I am positive that DD has a better plan and that would be fine, but I am OK with Delmon getting DH at bats in 2015 and 16. I think he could still continue to improve in that role.

You said we should reward him "if only for this hit". Before last year, Young hadn't hit in about 4 years. Don't get used to it. No problem if he wants to sign on for another year as a reserve/PH.

Yeah - Young should not be an everyday player but he's proven to be a good bench bat.

Starter: .282/.315/.423, .739 OPS

Sub: .338/.400/.481, .881 OPS (85 PA)

He appears to be very good at taking advantage of certain pitchers.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm strongly in favor of signing Delmon as our DH/occasional left fielder. And I think Dd should give him that second year. Here's why. Young loves to hit in Camden Yards. He has a career ops of.823 and an OBP of .358. He's still relatively young having just turned 29 this September.

Archived