Would you take Melky Cabrera on a 3 year deal?

Greg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Seattle offered a 3/42 deal, so I doubt those deals would get done.

Cruz was offered considerably more than he ended up getting last off-season, but teams moved on when he said no. SEA has offered 3/$42, but will likely withdraw the offer if and when they fill the spot with someone else. Supply and demand. As the number of open spots goes down, so does the price. I've read that KC is in on Melky, as well, but I have no idea what they are willing to pay.

What Cruz got is what a player who.can hit and play the field gets. Cruz, as good as his bat was, is noy worth that for just being a DH.

But ppl rely need to start putting so much of a emphasis on age. There were and currently are many players who are 32/33+ who are still very productive.

For example I would have took Tori.Hunter at his age overt anyone else the Os are cinsdiering.other than Upton. Then again, Upton needs to be traded for and a FA after this year, so I still might prefer Hunter over him.

What Cruz got is what a player who.can hit and play the field gets. Cruz, as good as his bat was, is noy worth that for just being a DH.

But ppl rely need to start putting so much of a emphasis on age. There were and currently are many players who are 32/33+ who are still very productive.

For example I would have took Tori.Hunter at his age overt anyone else the Os are cinsdiering.other than Upton. Then again, Upton needs to be traded for and a FA after this year, so I still might prefer Hunter over him.

I think the Orioles agree, but Hunter quickly chose a good offer to return home to the Twinkies, so that one's not the O's fault.

There's not much that separates him from Markakis for me. He's not much more of a leadoff hitter than Markakis was, and we need that. Power and RBI numbers are about the same if you'd have put Markakis back in the second spot in the lineup. Defense is probably about the same by the metrics, around average at best. Not to mention he costs a pick and has been busted for PED's. If they weren't going to keep Markakis I'd just as soon find another alternative or stay in house, because I'm seen very little of an upgrade in Melky Cabrera.

Archived