Orioles Will Not Host 2016 All-Star game (Nats get 2018)

25 Nuggets

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2016 is a A.L year.

Seems likely the MASN business has pissed MLB off enough for them to disregard that since there aren't really any other AL stadiums that are waiting to host. Well other than Tampa and Toronto, and those aren't happening because they're among the worst stadiums in baseball. I fully expected the O's to get passed over after it wasn't announced last summer when it normally would have been. SD makes sense too as teams have been known to ramp up spending in the years before they host.

The fact of the matter is, there are more deserving NL teams than there are AL teams when it comes to hosting the All Star Game. There is a backlog of NL teams that have new stadiums that have yet to host the game. Cincinnati, Miami, Philadelphia, DC and San Diego have yet to host a game in their new stadiums. The only AL teams that haven't hosted in their current stadiums are Tampa Bay (not gonna happen) and New York who hosted at the old stadium in 2008. They had to either have a couple NL teams host back-to-back or have a bunch of less deserving AL teams host. While I would love to attend the game in Baltimore, I would rather Miami and DC get to host before seeing the game played in Toronto or the Bronx again.

The fact of the matter is, there are more deserving NL teams than there are AL teams when it comes to hosting the All Star Game. There is a backlog of NL teams that have new stadiums that have yet to host the game. Cincinnati, Miami, Philadelphia, DC and San Diego have yet to host a game in their new stadiums. The only AL teams that haven't hosted in their current stadiums are Tampa Bay (not gonna happen) and New York who hosted at the old stadium in 2008. They had to either have a couple NL teams host back-to-back or have a bunch of less deserving AL teams host. While I would love to attend the game in Baltimore, I would rather Miami and DC get to host before seeing the game played in Toronto or the Bronx again.

What is it exactly about the situation in Miami do you think warrants an all star game?

I guess the other owners are pretty impressed that Loria managed to dupe the public into accepting more then a billion in debt to finance the park but I am not sure if that alone is enough.

What is it exactly about the situation in Miami do you think warrants an all star game?

I guess the other owners are pretty impressed that Loria managed to dupe the public into accepting more then a billion in debt to finance the park but I am not sure if that alone is enough.

It's Art Deco. At least the colors are.

They should have it in about 15 years in their new ballpark... in Montreal.

Won't the Nationals be in that competition? For the new stadium. Not the All Star game. 15 years is a long time. I think Canada will be booming by them. With the more temperate climate.

Won't the Nationals be in that competition? For the new stadium. Not the All Star game. 15 years is a long time. I think Canada will be booming by them. With the more temperate climate.

The Gnats will be moving to Havana. Their new name will be Havanational. In Baltimore, that will be translated into Havanational

Boh.

Archived