Three Day Mini Camp in Sarasota (Doc Shorebird Covering For Us)

weams

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch Kubatko

... Alex Hassan received a clean bill of health yesterday after undergoing hernia surgery and injuring his hamstring. He also made a solid first impression on members of the media, asking us about our professional backgrounds and seeming to be genuinely interested in our lives.

As Hassan left the clubhouse following the workout, he made sure to say goodbye and how it was nice to meet us. It may not seem like much to some fans, and it's obviously more important that he can play and contribute to the Orioles, but I never take that sort of attitude for granted.

Hassan explained that his hernia wasn't as serious as a sports hernia. I freely admitted that I didn't know the difference.

"This was just really an easy procedure," Hassan said. "Really, it was only a couple of weeks and I was feeling much better. At this point I'm feeling 100 percent and ready to go."

"I was lucky it happened in the offseason, where you don't actually have to physically move anywhere," he said. "At the time, you're not really sure what's going to happen, but now looking back, being able to connect the dots looking back, it's easier and I'm certainly happy with how it turned out. I'm happy to be here."

"Honestly, I'm excited for a new opportunity and I'm excited to be here," said Hassan, 26, a career .291/.396/.436 hitter in six minor league seasons. "I've heard great things about the organization, and the few people I've talked to, it's been really positive. I'm excited about the opportunity.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck also said there are no restrictions on Dylan Bundy this spring. He's full go. "He's crossed every physical hurdle, and then some."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But if you read between the lines you can clearly tell that by saying "and then some" Buck is calling him a fatty.

Suk-min Yoon - S - Orioles

Orioles manager Buck Showalter said that Suk-Min Yoon will not receive an invitation to major league spring training.

Yoon signed a three-year, $5.75 million contract with the Orioles last February, but he posted a 5.56 ERA at the Triple-A level and missed time with shoulder issues. The 28-year-old will have to earn his way back on the radar in Baltimore.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck also said there are no restrictions on Dylan Bundy this spring. He's full go. "He's crossed every physical hurdle, and then some."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">January 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But if you read between the lines you can clearly tell that by saying "and then some" Buck is calling him a fatty.

I was wondering if you would catch the deam bulk rip there.

Archived