Orioles have inquired about DBacks outfield depth

Greg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz has no trade value.

Maybe negative value.

I love how some here have a trading approach like they're making a Po' Boy sandwich... throw together whatever scraps you have lying around and it equals a delicious complete meal. I'm not being critical. I actually like it because it makes me laugh almost every time.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DBacks?src=hash">#DBacks</a> are open to adding another starting pitcher; have only 2 pitchers with more than 120 IP in MLB last year (Collmenter, Nuno).</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">January 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Matusz has no trade value.

That's because we haven't marketed him properly.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" title="Embedded Tweet" height="211" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They need a starter. ;)<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DBacks?src=hash">#DBacks</a> are open to adding another starting pitcher; have only 2 pitchers with more than 120 IP in MLB last year (Collmenter, Nuno).</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="
">January 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This could be an interesting development. DBacks have OF depth and we have a perceived surplus of SPs. I'm sure Dan will try Ubaldo first and get nowhere, but maybe we see a Chen or Norris deal for an OF.

I like the outfielders they're discussing but I would be hesitant to trade starting pitching other than Ubaldo. It has become one of the strong points of our team and I'd hate to weaken it going into a season where we're going to need a strong rotation and defense.

I like the outfielders they're discussing but I would be hesitant to trade starting pitching other than Ubaldo. It has become one of the strong points of our team and I'd hate to weaken it going into a season where we're going to need a strong rotation and defense.

You can always sign a SP still if you give one up. But i see your point i would just rather sign Colby.

This could be an interesting development. DBacks have OF depth and we have a perceived surplus of SPs. I'm sure Dan will try Ubaldo first and get nowhere, but maybe we see a Chen or Norris deal for an OF.

I would certainly consider either of them for a cost-controlled outfielder.

This is Dan telling Rasmus to sign. He did the same thing with McLouth. Sign or we have another guy that we can get to take that position.

Or Duquette has tried to extend one or both of them, was rejected, and now is trying to get the most value from one of them.

I'd trade Gonzalez. He seems to be playing over his head and a good time to cash in would be after a decent season when he starts getting less expensive.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible; width: 500px;" title="Embedded Tweet" height="211"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If it is a possibility and not a tactic then Inciarte is the guy they want. Neither provides any offensive production and they are both plus defenders but Peralta is a FA next year.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Archived