Umm... Adam? Jones' tweet...

Bazooka Jones

Sorry, I had to look this up. I'm a redneck

Noblesse oblige is a French phrase literally meaning "obligation of Nobility". It is the concept that nobility extends beyond mere entitlements and requires the person with such status to fulfill social responsibilities, particularly in leadership roles.

The Dictionnaire de l’Acad?mie fran?aise defines it thus:

Whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.

(Figuratively) One must act in a fashion that conforms to one's position, and with the reputation that one has earned.

126004415733.jpg

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listening to Davis and Norris on the fan this morning and they both thought the tweet was in regards to the lost free agents this year, and the potential of losing the quality free agents next year. Can you blame Adam for being upset? You lose the home run champion, and in my opinion the reliever with the best stuff in club history ( and I go back to watching the O's in 1963).

I heard them this morning as well. It was pretty clear that they have exactly as much information as we do on this front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you, but do you think the best move would be to sign our impending free agents to big contracts? That's what it's going to take and I don't think Wieters or Davis is going to be worth what they get in the open market.

I don't know how to answer that question because I don't know the financial limitations. What can the franchise sustain as the payroll now and moving forward? Only when I know the answer to that question would I be able to know how much they can afford to pay Wieters or Davis. What seems clear to me from watching the last few off seasons is that the Orioles are almost never willing to win any bidding war on any player. Maybe that's wise, but I think in some cases it can be short-sighted. Again, this was a 96-win team that was coming back for one more year before much of the nucleus went to free agency. Would it have been worth it to overpay a little for Nelson Cruz (or some other player) to try to win the pennant in 2015?

And then there are these:

https://twitter.com/fakepetegammons

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, I said Ranaudo, De LaRosa & Webster would be top of rotation <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a> starters, but I was heavily into opium then. This is Peter Gammons</p>— Fake Peter Gammons (@FakePeteGammons) <a href="

">January 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Yes, I said Ranaudo, De LaRosa & Webster would be top of rotation <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a> starters, but I was heavily into opium then. This is Peter Gammons</p>— Fake Peter Gammons (@FakePeteGammons) <a href="
">January 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well at least he didn't blame the stroke.

Archived