Umm... Adam? Jones' tweet...

Bazooka Jones

I think it's pretty telling that nobody on MLB radio or any of the various twitter junkies are talking about this at all. If they felt like there was some real dissent they'd be speculating all over the talk shows. They're crucifying the O's constantly for all the off season drama and lack of "big" moves.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's pretty telling that nobody on MLB radio or any of the various twitter junkies are talking about this at all. If they felt like there was some real dissent they'd be speculating all over the talk shows. They're crucifying the O's constantly for all the off season drama and lack of "big" moves.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

To be fair, 105.7 the fan is talking about it now, but they have no clue what it has to do with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering that it's still up on his timeline, I'm guessing it's nothing to be worried about. I have a feeling that it would be down by now if it were some sort of anger directed toward the org.

At the very least, I'd think his agent would communicate that it would be Ill-advised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what would be gained by taking it down as it has already gotten a lot of publicity.

I think the tweet is referencing Saint Peter because Adam is trying to rise above worldly problems.

Or maybe he got misquoted a few times so now he plans to take his thoughts directly to Peter Gammons.

Or he just got drunk one night and has no idea what he tweeted or why?:beerchug1:

Guest rochester
I don't know if they manipulated her article for sure ...but it looks like it. I wouldn't just make it up...it's not my style.

Nah, never doubted you - but wondered if they did change it. Apologies if it read as accusatory.

Guest rochester
I think the tweet is referencing Saint Peter because Adam is trying to rise above worldly problems.

Or maybe he got misquoted a few times so now he plans to take his thoughts directly to Peter Gammons.

Or he just got drunk one night and has no idea what he tweeted or why?:beerchug1:

is there such a thing as butt tweet

Clearly AJ was talking about Peter Capaldi, the current Dr Who.

He was upset that he was not selected to be Peter's time traveling baseball companion who between games travels with the Doctor to save the universe from horrific evil doers.

Appartently the audition went south when Adam suggested his first episode as companion be traveling to Toronto with the Doctor to confront a cartel of french speaking criminals intent on poaching the greatest talent in the world to work in their shop of horrors.

If we take the tweet at what it appears to be, can we really blame him for being upset?

Adam has years remaining on his contract. Last year we came really close to the World Series, and the "middle men" reward the team by allowing Cruz, his buddy Markakis, and Miller go and replacing them with nearly nothing. And adding to that is the Duquette drama all winter and the impending 11 free agents next offseason. I can certainly see why Jones would be upset with the "middle men" and want to speak his mind to the owner.

As a fan, I am conditioned to try to be positive and always think we'll be okay, but if I was a member of the team, I could certainly see where Adam is coming from. He wants to know that the commitment from the team is going to be there for the length of his contract, and not a return to pre-Buck days of 4th and 5th place finishes.

If we take the tweet at what it appears to be, can we really blame him for being upset?

Adam has years remaining on his contract. Last year we came really close to the World Series, and the "middle men" reward the team by allowing Cruz, his buddy Markakis, and Miller go and replacing them with nearly nothing. And adding to that is the Duquette drama all winter and the impending 11 free agents next offseason. I can certainly see why Jones would be upset with the "middle men" and want to speak his mind to the owner.

As a fan, I am conditioned to try to be positive and always think we'll be okay, but if I was a member of the team, I could certainly see where Adam is coming from. He wants to know that the commitment from the team is going to be there for the length of his contract, and not a return to pre-Buck days of 4th and 5th place finishes.

Do you think AJ would have any better luck if he walked into Peter's office and demanded a bunch of extensions and free agent signings?

It's frustrating but the way our team is built, we have a bunch of arbitration increases that we can't do anything about. We lost Cruz, Markakis, and Miller, and yet our payroll is going to be higher this year than it was last year. We are already at $114M vs $107M last year. If he wants to cut out the middle-man, he should go to the players union.

Archived