MLB Committee To Examine Strike Zone

Can_of_corn

Why do they need a special committee to look into this when the Pitchf/x data's already there? We've known about this for a while.

And yeah, the expansion of the zone has been a huge problem and it should be fixed. Umps were much better about low pitches this year but they haven't made any attempts to fix inside calls.

If you think the strike zone should be bigger I'm glad I'm not watching the game with your eyes.

Why do they need a special committee to look into this when the Pitchf/x data's already there? We've known about this for a while.

And yeah, the expansion of the zone has been a huge problem and it should be fixed. Umps were much better about low pitches this year but they haven't made any attempts to fix inside calls.

If you think the strike zone should be bigger I'm glad I'm not watching the game with your eyes.

It should be bigger. Watch an old clip (70 or 66 World Series :D ) It is amazing (now) the high strikes they call! Like below the armpits. Not that he wasn't great on his own, but Jim Palmer was GREATLY rewarded for the high strike zone back then.

It should be bigger. Watch an old clip (70 or 66 World Series :D ) It is amazing (now) the high strikes they call! Like below the armpits. Not that he wasn't great on his own, but Jim Palmer was GREATLY rewarded for the high strike zone back then.

If the choice is calling high strikes vs. low strikes, I would prefer that high strikes get called. Pitchers should be rewarded for successfully pitching up in the zone, when the downside of missing can result in a ball being hit a long way.

• 3 months later...

After a slight reduction in the strike zone to start the season...

http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-expanded-strike-zone-its-baaaack/

The size and shape of the strike zone in 2015 has evolved to match very closely what was called in 2014. This would be expected, given that umpires are assessed on a nightly basis, their performance has been improving and becoming more consistent, and there was no indication from the league that umpires would be directed to call the zone any differently this season than last.

Archived