TeamSchoop6

Who has the better year at 2B?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the better year at 2B?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to use this thread to pose a hypothetical. Cabrera is a .652 OPS career hitter (.248/.319/.333), capable of stealing a base every 3-4 games at a 78% success rate. Let's use the base assumption that he'll hit at that level in 2015. Schoop was a .598 OPS hitter last year, but lets assume he ramps it up 54 points as a sophomore and would hit roughly .230/.266/.386, with a homer every 7-8 games or so. Interestingly, Ryan Flaherty also is a .652 OPS career hitter, .221/.283/.369 and he homers about once every 12 games.

Assuming more or less equivalent defense, which flavor of .650ish hitter would you prefer to get the playing time -- the guy with the highest OBP, least power and most speed, the guy with the lowest OBP but the most power, or the in-betweenish guy?

I want to stress, this is purely hypothetical. I think either Cabrera or Schoop might be able to outdo .650 by a good margin, but for my question, assume they don't.

Easy, I'll go with the guy with the most potential, which is Schoop by a mile.

If Schoop is on the team OD, it will be as the starting 2B. He isn't going to be a UTIF over either Flash or Cabrera. And for the record Flaherty and Cabrera are about the same at SS in terms of the metrics.

I have nothing against Schoop. He is a wonderful defensive second baseman. But his bat is terrible.

I agree if he is on the OD roster he will be the starter at 2nd. I just hope/wish his bat comes around.

I have nothing against Schoop. He is a wonderful defensive second baseman. But his bat is terrible.

I agree if he is on the OD roster he will be the starter at 2nd. I just hope/wish his bat comes around.

If his bat hasn't shown improvement in ST he wont be the OD starting 2B.

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts exactly.

Archived