vs. PHILLIES, 3/16

OFFNY

Anyone there get a feel for whether he is injured. The lack of velocity and control during ST, pitching at the end of games against almost exclusively minor league hitters makes we really wonder if he is healthy. If this organization has another complete miss on a top 5 drafted pitcher... oh well

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone there get a feel for whether he is injured. The lack of velocity and control during ST, pitching at the end of games against almost exclusively minor league hitters makes we really wonder if he is healthy. If this organization has another complete miss on a top 5 drafted pitcher... oh well
Yeah. It was concerning. He looked a bit like Hamels today. Except for the long balls.

Thoughts on Alvarez by those who have actually seen the games? I've only been able to watch 1 game. It would be nice if he could fill a corner in the OF next year.

Could Parades take Young's spot? I know Young has a ML contract, but how much is a .700ish OPS no glove worth.

Thoughts on Alvarez by those who have actually seen the games? I've only been able to watch 1 game. It would be nice if he could fill a corner in the OF next year.

Could Parades take Young's spot? I know Young has a ML contract, but how much is a .700ish OPS no glove worth.

Alvarez has a great arm. I haven't seen him make enough plays to gauge his "outfielder mentality".

I doubt Parades would take Young's spot. There's a good possibility that Young won't be seeing as regular as we thought he would last fall. Maybe they'll alternate for a while.

Archived