The Offense

Frobby

I agree, I'm glad they didn't sign him. I like Snider better.

Based on what? Snider will more home runs (in theory) but Aoki, in my opinion, was the kind of player the Orioles need in the lineup. He is also better defensively and has speed.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do too.

Snider getting heat for 1 bad ball, but Buck also pointed out to another wind driven catch that he made late in the game, that people dont realize how hard it was to catch that.

Buck thinks Snider is a good OF, and so far, I am liking what I see from him.

:rolleyestf:

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. The Orioles have enough guys in their lineup that strikeout too much and/or swing at bad pitches. I don't care how the leadoff hitters rank through 9 games, the leadoff spot has been a hole for several years. De Aza was a nice addition and I'm glad the Orioles traded for him last year. However, like a lot of the other guys in the lineup, pitchers don't have to throw strikes to get him out.

Again, De Aza's track record shows he is more than capable of taking a walk and that track record is more compelling than 9 games.

Again, De Aza's track record shows he is more than capable of taking a walk and that track record is more compelling than 9 games.

Again, in his career he has 168 walks and and 466 strikeouts. Does that seem like a healthy ratio to you? I know you like disagreeing with me for being a little critical but come on.

Like I said, he's a nice player and I'm glad that the Orioles traded for him. I just don't think that he is the ideal leadoff hitter for this team.

Based on what? Snider will more home runs (in theory) but Aoki, in my opinion, was the kind of player the Orioles need in the lineup. He is also better defensively and has speed.

Snider is better defensively. Aoki is old and powerless.

Again, in his career he has 168 walks and and 466 strikeouts. Does that seem like a healthy ratio to you? I know you like disagreeing with me for being a little critical but come on.

Like I said, he's a nice player and I'm glad that the Orioles traded for him. I just don't think that he is the ideal leadoff hitter for this team.

Does that ratio make any difference? What if a guy never walked. Hit 40 home runs and batted .300 with a .300 OPS. Would that be an awful ratio too? I agree. He is not an ideal leadoff hitter. And Aoki is awful.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. The Orioles have enough guys in their lineup that strikeout too much and/or swing at bad pitches.

It does not matter if they score runs. The ratios are only used for scouting.

Snider is better defensively. Aoki is old and powerless.

I agree that Snider has more power but I think that Aoki brings more versatility to the lineup. He has better speed, is better defensively, hits for a higher average, gets on base more and has almost as many doubles in his 3 year career as Snider has in his 7 year career. Snider looks stiff in the outfield. That said I think Snider is a good value for the Orioles.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you. The Orioles have enough guys in their lineup that strikeout too much and/or swing at bad pitches. I don't care how the leadoff hitters rank through 9 games, the leadoff spot has been a hole for several years. De Aza was a nice addition and I'm glad the Orioles traded for him last year. However, like a lot of the other guys in the lineup, pitchers don't have to throw strikes to get him out

Aoki is on a 1 year, $4.75 million contract. He would replace Snider so it doesn't matter that he is a lefty and the defense in the outfield would improve.

I doubt that. He hits for no power and if you have been paying attention his defense has eroded.

Does that ratio make any difference? What if a guy never walked. Hit 40 home runs and batted .300 with a .300 OPS. Would that be an awful ratio too? I agree. He is not an ideal leadoff hitter. And Aoki is awful.

But De Aza doesn't put up those kind of numbers and no, Aoki is not awful. He hits for a higher average, strikes out less, walks more, steals more and has a higher OBP. I am not knocking De Aza I just don't think that he is the "answer" at the top of the order.

It is now a double. So Chris Tillman is responsible for it.

I don't follow

It does not matter if they score runs. The ratios are only used for scouting.

It's also about avoiding droughts and not being one dimentional. Not everything is black and white.

And lead the league in HRs.

:rolleyestf:

I agree that Snider has more power but I think that Aoki brings more versatility to the lineup. He has better speed, is better defensively, hits for a higher average, gets on base more and has almost as many doubles in his 3 year career as Snider has in his 7 year career. Snider looks stiff in the outfield. That said I think Snider is a good value for the Orioles.

Aoki's career is over. Snider's is just starting.

Archived