Two reasons to love Zach Britton

Frobby

1. Four batters, four ground ball outs, one save.

2. Melewski: "What did you think of facing Alex Rodriguez with 2 outs in the 9th!"

Britton: "Well, he took forever to get in the batter's box."

Yeah, no kidding! But Zach didn't screw around, he just took care of it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about his answer on ARoid? Nonplussed.

Q: What did you think when Alex Rodriguez came up?

A: Well, he took forever getting into the box....

Yes, I love Zach Britton.

I think that Aroid took forever to get into the box because the O's fans were booing him so loudly he almost ran back into the dugout. ;)

I also love Zach Britton. :hearts:

1. Four batters, four ground ball outs, one save.

2. Melewski: "What did you think of facing Alex Rodriguez with 2 outs in the 9th!"

Britton: "Well, he took forever to get in the batter's box."

Yeah, no kidding! But Zach didn't screw around, he just took care of it.

Nice post.

Would like to add number 3.

3. Anytime you turn off the lights on the Yankees, you are our Hero!

Right now Zach is carrying the bullpen on his back. A few other guys have to step up their game. Matusz has performed admirably but I have doubts that he can sustain his performance over the entire year. Gausman and Hunter look awful.

Look for Buck to push his starters to go deeper into games if the middle and long relief doesn't improve.

Right now Zach is carrying the bullpen on his back. A few other guys have to step up their game. Matusz has performed admirably but I have doubts that he can sustain his performance over the entire year. Gausman and Hunter look awful.

Look for Buck to push his starters to go deeper into games if the middle and long relief doesn't improve.

At least for now, he is still being Buck and trying to go to the bullpen in the 6th.

Buck tried to pull Gonzo in the 6th after 94 pitches and Gonzo talked him out of it and got another inning.

One more

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>@BaltimoreOrioles pitcher Zach Britton visited the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center’s pediatric oncology unit today <a href="http://t.co/hR2PJYrDLv">pic.twitter.com/hR2PJYrDLv</a></p>— JohnsHopkinsMedicine (@HopkinsMedicine) <a href="

">April 13, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The biggest problem with Zach is that he is almost too good at times. These balls are hit so softly they become problems for the infield. That inning could have gone very differently without 2 great infield plays.

Bottom line they were outs.

Would you rather see him, hit hard, and make the outfielders go out onto the warning track for them?

The biggest problem with Zach is that he is almost too good at times. These balls are hit so softly they become problems for the infield. That inning could have gone very differently without 2 great infield plays.

I agree to an extent. Puts more pressure on the defense. For some reason I find infield singles to be more frustrating psychologically than a hit or a walk. Still, I would rather have Zach than any other guy in our bullpen and most other MLB closers for that matter.

Archived