For What it's worth.....

Belkast

I have always tried to respect this site and the O's fans and have enjoyed reading and posting ideas here. I agree that people can express their opinion on whether a trade proposal is a good trade or not. When I used sarcasm to express my opinion that a trade proposal for Roberts from the Indians was excessive, it was answered by "that's the dumbest post ever on the OH". So my question is: Who is the one attacked someone personally? I have gone out of my way to exercise caution on posting here and I will continue to be cautious to not insult people personally.

Don't get too worked up about it. The guy your having a beef with often seems quite arrogant and lacks basic people skills. He's like a childhood bully in certain ways in that he'll post whatever he wants and meanwhile tell others exactly how he feels about their posts; and if you don't like it, he'll tell you to stop your crying or to just go away.

So don't fret about it and take comfort that you're not the only one that feels that way. At the end of the day, realize that it's a message board (and generally a quite good one) and that not everyone is going to play nice with each other.

I would suggest just taking a deep breath or two and going on with your day, or better yet using the ignore feature. It's a healthier internet lifestyle.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like this board it has great fans with knowlege.I think it has been a fun debate on what suspects the Cubs will give up and who the Oriole fans would like.The name calling has been very limited in my opinion.

And for the most part the Cubs fans have been great on here as well. I have really enjoyed the last month or so batting the BRob trades around. Why some people have to get their shorts in a bind is beyond me.:)

And for the most part the Cubs fans have been great on here as well. I have really enjoyed the last month or so batting the BRob trades around. Why some people have to get their shorts in a bind is beyond me.:)

Well said!! While we all care about the Orioles as the Cub fans do about their team, and obviously we both love to talk about the trade or lack of one, the truth is that nothing of what we post really effects anything. This board is great for letting us talk baseball. I am sure that is how it was designed by the good people from OH. Let's have fun and not bash each other.

Believe me, as a long time Cub fan, we've gone through a lot of seasons like you guys are going through now. The anticipation of trades lead to the eternal hope in spring training. I think AM is doing a great job for you guys and in a few years you will be back to contending. I'm often critical of Kenny Williams (GM of the White Sox) for not being smart enough to realize it's time to rebuild. They're going nowhere and have given extensions to Buerhle, Dye, etc. They could have really stockpiled prospects by trading Buerhle, Vasquez, Konerko, Dye, Crede, etc. Hopefully this trade can be completed and it will work out on both ends.

Believe me, as a long time Cub fan, we've gone through a lot of seasons like you guys are going through now. The anticipation of trades lead to the eternal hope in spring training. I think AM is doing a great job for you guys and in a few years you will be back to contending. I'm often critical of Kenny Williams (GM of the White Sox) for not being smart enough to realize it's time to rebuild. They're going nowhere and have given extensions to Buerhle, Dye, etc. They could have really stockpiled prospects by trading Buerhle, Vasquez, Konerko, Dye, Crede, etc. Hopefully this trade can be completed and it will work out on both ends.

Then just give us Pie, Gallagher, Cedeno, and EPat and we'll call it a deal. :D

Soriano has a broken finger. I doubt this directly affects the trade scenario, but it does, coupled with DeRosa's surgery, draw attention to the fragility of a line-up.

I think the only way that it could possibly affect the deal is by involving Payton. Getting Payton would just be insurance. But that's even stretching. Soriano will be fine and this will all be forgotten by OD.

He's out for 3-5 DAYS, so I think everyone can disregard this.

This is the second time in this thread. Didn't you, in essence, just repeat what I stated? I don't understand. My point was that the Cubs are a team that thinks it has a chance to win it all this year. Championship caliber teams need to be stacked. That's all I was stating. Injuries, minor and major, happen all the time. IF a major injury hits the Cubs, they will be seriously impacted - thus, all the more reason they need Roberts. Just trying to clarify.

I really don't know why you're so angry. I posted that I am here to read about rumors (specifically the Roberts rumors). I did watch the discussions about the Bedard and Tejada trades even though they didn't involve the Cubs. As a baseball fan, when the Hot Stove League heats up is as interesting as parts of the regular season.

Ok, well Bigbird has said Peralta is a potential target...You haven't seen that in print though....The Indians have been mentioned several times on here yet because you don't see it in the media, you ignore it.

So, which is it? Are you here to read the rumors you want to hear or are you hear to discuss everything being said?

Believe me, as a long time Cub fan, we've gone through a lot of seasons like you guys are going through now.

You can say that again! :)

It's going to be interesting how the flap with Marquis plays out. $21M down the drain there, apparently. I was half expecting him to bounce back with the Cubs, albeit we pretty well knew he was a head case.

That being said, I hope the Roberts deal falls through. I've wished several times that the Cards would work out a deal with Chris Duncan for him, given our surplus of good young outfielders and atrocious middle infield. From a Jonathon Mayo article at MiLB.com:

Assuming Rick Ankiel, Chris Duncan and Ryan Ludwick are pretty much locks to make the team, that leaves four outfielders legitimately competing for two spots. That group consists of Rule 5er Brian Barton, veteran non-roster invitee Juan Gonzalez, Skip Schumaker, who's out of options, and, of course, Rasmus, who'll only make the team if he's going to play every day. That will leave the other outfielders in big-league camp fighting for spots on the Triple-A roster. Joe Mather, Nick Stavinoha, Rico Washington, Cody Haerther and Amaury Marti all will be looking for playing time in the PCL, assuming nothing out of the ordinary happens and someone's needed in St. Louis.

Juan Gonzalez is intriguing as a big bat off the bench and he's reportedly in the best shape he's been in several years, actually looking acceptable on defense for once, but I'd hate to see him blocking any of the youngsters, with this largely a rebuilding year. Moving Chris Duncan would ease the logjam of lefthanded outfielders (Duncan, Ankiel, Rasmus, Schumaker) and enable us to have Barton, Schumaker, and Gonzalez all on the opening day roster, with Rasmus playing every day in Memphis for a while until the major league roster sorts itself out.

Ok, well Bigbird has said Peralta is a potential target...You haven't seen that in print though....The Indians have been mentioned several times on here yet because you don't see it in the media, you ignore it.

So, which is it? Are you here to read the rumors you want to hear or are you hear to discuss everything being said?

The Indians have been mentioned in the media. Ken Rosenthal said they were involved a month or so ago and Roch Kubatko also indicated they were in the hunt in one of his blogs. I think to some degree some of the Cubs fans are used to having very, very comprehensive coverage of their team because they're in a big market so they don't comprehend that sometimes things go on behind closed doors without any of the details getting leaked out.

You can say that again! :)

It's going to be interesting how the flap with Marquis plays out. $21M down the drain there, apparently. I was half expecting him to bounce back with the Cubs, albeit we pretty well knew he was a head case.

That being said, I hope the Roberts deal falls through. I've wished several times that the Cards would work out a deal with Chris Duncan for him, given our surplus of good young outfielders and atrocious middle infield. From a Jonathon Mayo article at MiLB.com:

Juan Gonzalez is intriguing as a big bat off the bench and he's reportedly in the best shape he's been in several years, actually looking acceptable on defense for once, but I'd hate to see him blocking any of the youngsters, with this largely a rebuilding year. Moving Chris Duncan would ease the logjam of lefthanded outfielders (Duncan, Ankiel, Rasmus, Schumaker) and enable us to have Barton, Schumaker, and Gonzalez all on the opening day roster, with Rasmus playing every day in Memphis for a while until the major league roster sorts itself out.

Just out of curiosity, would you be willing to give up Rasmus straight up for Roberts?

By the way, the O's wouldn't do Duncan for Roberts straight up. You would need to include a couple other prospects. Maybe Jose Martinez and a pitcher along with Duncan.

That said, I'd rather someone other than Duncan be the main player in a deal just because we don't need anymore DH/1B/LF type guys. I'd like to see a deal headed by Chris Perez. I'm not that familiar with the Cards prospects, but would you do a Perez, Herron, and Martinez for Roberts deal?

Archived