Jones at .400

BMann

Thats a Drungo question for sure.

According to my quick research.

Melvin Mora holds the Oriole record with .340 in 2004.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/bal/history/season_records.jsp

Mora's 2004 was interesting in that he never once reached .400 but reached .391 on May 28 after 209 PA's. After that high point, he "slumped" a bit and missed some time just before the All Star break, bottoming out at .336 on August 1. He basically stayed even the rest of the year to end with a .340 average.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said Ruth, not Reggie.

reggie-bar.jpg

I wish that they would make those again.

It would be even better if Reggie were in his 1976 Orioles uniform ...... but they were so good, I'd even eat it with the Yankee wrapper on it.

BABY_RUTH_CANDY_BARS__x2__400.jpg

When I was a kid, I used to wonder if the bar was named after the career 714 home run slugger.

I eventually found out that they named it after President Grover Cleveland Alexander's daughter, who died at 12 years-old in 1904.

I wish that they would make those again.

It would be even better if Reggie were in his 1976 Orioles uniform ...... but they were so good, I'd even eat it with the Yankee wrapper on it.

They still do, in fact, I've seen them in Cracker Barrel store.

It's just a regular clark bar.

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/clark-bars/

When I was a kid, I used to wonder if the bar was named after the career 714 home run slugger.

I eventually found out that they named it after President Grover Cleveland Alexander's daughter, who died at 12 years-old in 1904.

The baseball player was named Grover Cleveland Alexander.

The President was Stephen Grover Cleveland.

The baseball player was named Grover Cleveland Alexander.

The President was Stephen Grover Cleveland.

I know that.

I always intentionally add the "Alexander" when referring to him, because of the great pitcher who shut the Yankees down in Games Six and Seven of the 1926 World Series.

That is why I bolded and colored the "Alexander."

No, those Clark bars aren't even close to Reggie bars.

Clark Bars stick to your teeth, ala Butterfingers bars.

A Reggie bar was a giant, chewy peanut cluster.

More research shows the bar might be a bun bar:

They stopped make the Reggie Bar many years ago, but you can still get this sweet treat under its new/old name, the Bun Candy Bar (before it was the Reggie it was the Wayne Bun)

And you can still get those:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/walk-the-candy-aisle/bun-candy-bar/

Archived