Tulowitzki is asking for a trade. What would you give up for him?

isestrex

Contract info:

15-19:$20M annually

20:$14M

21:$15M club option ($4M buyout)

-Salaries for 2020 and 2021 may increase by $6M annually based on MVP votes, Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers or All-Star selections award bonuses, including $25,000 each for Gold Glove, All Star

-$2M assignment bonus if traded

-May be traded only once during contract

I think he'll be rejuvenated if traded to a contender, but that won't guarantee that he'll stay healthy as he's logged a lot of time on the DL in his career. Given the hefty contract, I don't think it would take a top prospect like Bundy to get him. I've been waiting for Dan to make his "Pedro" type trade and this could be it...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Contract info:

-Salaries for 2020 and 2021 may increase by $6M annually based on MVP votes, Gold Gloves, Silver Sluggers or All-Star selections award bonuses, including $25,000 each for Gold Glove, All Star

I think he'll be rejuvenated if traded to a contender, but that won't guarantee that he'll stay healthy as he's logged a lot of time on the DL in his career. Given the hefty contract, I don't think it would take a top prospect like Bundy to get him. I've been waiting for Dan to make his "Pedro" type trade and this could be it...

Colorado is going to be asking for the farm, you wait and see. Somebody will likely overspend to get him, and DD isn't the type to overspend.

Contract info:

We have no one that they would accept. Except Manny.

The only way this works is to send Hardy's contract to them and then adding some prospects. Having said that, the Yankees would kick Gregorius to the curb in less time than it would take to pack up his locker. Ditto, the Red Sox and Bogaerts. I doubt the Dodgers are that attached to Rollins. They're all much more willing to mortgage their futures away. It would cost them less in prospects because they are able to eat Tulo's entire contract.

He wouldn't be coming here. We already have a shortstop.

JJ could be one of the pieces we would offer. He would save them $7M annually. Not sure if they would be interested, but JJ could have some value to them as a bridge for a couple years while they develop prospects.

JJ could be one of the pieces we would offer. He would save them $7M annually. Not sure if they would be interested, but JJ could have some value to them as a bridge for a couple years while they develop prospects.

Not sure, that is something that I would do, if I was DD.

Also, I believe they already have a guy in place ready to take over, which is why they are willing to trade him now.

We could offer a bunch of MLB talent. Norris, Matusz, and De Aza to start. Throw in Young and I don't see how they could refuse.

I don't see how the O's would match up. I guess maybe they could make a package centered around Bundy but it would be way too expensive.

Archived