MASN's Production Today Is 2nd Rate

SeaBird

What crappy camera work. I don't know if the Director is slow calling for the right camera or the Technical Director is slow punching it up.

I mentioned this a couple of times in the game thread.

At least 2 fly balls to Young were horrible camera angles. From behind home plate bad

Remember when MASN first stood up the channel and broadcast in 3rd-rate low-definition that looked kind of like a random uploaded YouTube video today? And how we had tons of threads about how hard it was to go high-definition, and whether or not it was reasonable to expect the relatively new channel to broadcast in high def? And how those threads often devolved into folks saying that high definition was a nice-to-have that most people don't care about and standard 480i tube TVs were just fine for almost everyone? Good times. Hard to believe that was just eight years ago.

Remember when MASN first stood up the channel and broadcast in 3rd-rate low-definition that looked kind of like a random uploaded YouTube video today? And how we had tons of threads about how hard it was to go high-definition, and whether or not it was reasonable to expect the relatively new channel to broadcast in high def? And how those threads often devolved into folks saying that high definition was a nice-to-have that most people don't care about and standard 480i tube TVs were just fine for almost everyone? Good times. Hard to believe that was just eight years ago.

My eyes are bleeding just thinking about it.

Monday night the HD feed went out due to the storms, and I had to watch in SD. I gotta say, I think the SD feeds have become clearer than I remember? Or maybe I just have better up-converting TV capability now. In any event, I kept flipping back to the frozen HD screen after every out to see if it was back. My wife said...."can you seriously not just watch it in SD for a few hours?" No, I can't.

And 480i gave way to 1080i which up until now was the sharpest picture. But now the new TV's are 4K in which the picture is over 4 times sharper than the 10801 picture.

And 480i gave way to 1080i which up until now was the sharpest picture. But now the new TV's are 4K in which the picture is over 4 times sharper than the 10801 picture.

Yes, but there's very little 4k content, almost no one has 4k TVs, and the bandwidth/spectrum requirements are pretty massive. I'm sure we'll eventually get there, but if everyone streamed content at 4k you'd swamp current internet servers and datapipes. And the broadcast spectrum.

Heck, I was happy to get HTS back in the day and all the games getting televised, and before the day and age of DVRs, rebroadcasts at night was welcome viewing.

When I was in high school my family got cable and HTS and it was like one of those moments in the movies when the clouds part and the rays of sunshine stream through and beautiful girls are running through wheat fields.

When I was in high school my family got cable and HTS and it was like one of those moments in the movies when the clouds part and the rays of sunshine stream through and beautiful girls are running through wheat fields.

I remember offering to do the 2 AM feeding, so I could catch some of the game that I missed while working. :)

I remember when I could first get the HTS as well.

old-havana.jpg

Heck, HTS beat the heck out of the old transistor radio. :)

Just couldn't beat the pairing of Miller and Angel.

That was why the nine volt battery was invented. But is is so much different now. Games on the radio from XM or Sirruis. MLB packages and most teams games on a cable network. How many games did HTS show?

Archived