Selection Show thread

Miller192

Any team that can have a lights out shooting game scares me.

And then, if it is Zona, they have a bunch of talent, including Bayliss.

Anytime you are playing a team with a great player on the court, it is always worrisome.

Look, this Duke team has a lot of talent and does a lot of things well...They can shoot, they can defend and they have beaten a ton of good teams.

However, if they struggle from 3, they can be beaten.

In their losses this year, Duke has really struggled from 3 except the Miami game...They shot 40% that game...But they were well below 30% in 3 of the games and 34%(not bad) against UNC.

Since they aren't a great FT shooting team, bad 3 point shooting can hurt them.

Nothing this team, outside of losing to Belmont, can/will do in the tourney will surprise me.

I promise you they won't lose to Belmont. That's the only thing i can guarantee.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I promise you they won't lose to Belmont. That's the only thing i can guarantee.

You know what....I don't consider many games upsets anymore...Beyond the top 3 seeds in each bracket, i am not sure how many games are truly upsets anymore.

I mean, they are upsets in the true sense of the word but not really surprising.

If UNC lost to Indiana, would they really be a huge upset? This is a team that has been in the top 12 this year...Lunardi, who got all the teams right, had Indiana as a #5 seed and now they get an 8 seed.

It is a one game scenario....Indiana or West Virginia are certainly better teams than Wake Forest and Maryland yet Duke and UNC each lost to those teams.

Absolutely, 12-4 in the SEC. How can Arizona be seeded higher than KY

12-4 in a weak SEC, as Georgia proved. Kentucky literally beat no one out of conference besides Liberty and lost to Gardner Webb, Houston, and San Diego.

However, it looks like they are given a cake walk to the Elite 8. West Va. or Arizona in 2nd round should be easy enough, and I don't see Xavier (I think Georgia wins) or Purdue or Baylor will be that tough. They got "lucky" with not having to play a team with a good big man until the Elite 8 when they probably get UCLA and Love.

12-4 in a weak SEC, as Georgia proved. Kentucky literally beat no one out of conference besides Liberty and lost to Gardner Webb, Houston, and San Diego.

They are a rare case because they started out so poor, but really found themselves once SEC play started. Also, the SEC must not be that weak b/c they got 6 teams in. I don't care how down the SEC is, when you go 12-4 and beat out Vandy (a #4 seed) by 2 games how can you say that they don't deserve to be in.

Furthermore, those losses you mention besides Gardner Webb aren't that bad. San Diego beat Gonzaga to get the automatic bid and Houston was a very solid team in C-USA and will likely get an NIT bid.

They are a rare case because they started out so poor, but really found themselves once SEC play started. Also, the SEC must not be that weak b/c they got 6 teams in. I don't care how down the SEC is, when you go 12-4 and beat out Vandy (a #4 seed) by 2 games how can you say that they don't deserve to be in.

Furthermore, those losses you mention besides Gardner Webb aren't that bad. San Diego beat Gonzaga to get the automatic bid and Houston was a very solid team in C-USA and will likely get an NIT bid.

Vandy beat them by 40 or something at Vandy. I know they were 12-4, and I guess that's why they got in. However, a lot of bad losses early and didn't win a game in the SEC tourney. San Diego was at Rupp in December, no disrespect to them, but Kentucky should win that one.

Vandy beat them by 40 or something at Vandy. I know they were 12-4, and I guess that's why they got in. However, a lot of bad losses early and didn't win a game in the SEC tourney. San Diego was at Rupp in December, no disrespect to them, but Kentucky should win that one.

I'm not saying that KY should be a high seed or anything but tell me who you think should be in instead of KY. They lost to Vandy by 40, but they also beat them and finished 2 games better in conference play. You're right they should have beaten San Diego but everyone loses games they should win. The loss to UGA is not that bad b/c of the circumstances surrounding it, that was such an unusual situation. I don't see how you can hold that against them too much, especially when UGA went on to win the SEC tourney.

I'm not saying that KY should be a high seed or anything but tell me who you think should be in instead of KY. They lost to Vandy by 40, but they also beat them and finished 2 games better in conference play. You're right they should have beaten San Diego but everyone loses games they should win. The loss to UGA is not that bad b/c of the circumstances surrounding it, that was such an unusual situation. I don't see how you can hold that against them too much, especially when UGA went on to win the SEC tourney.

Illinois State was 24-8 and considered a lock until they got blown out by Drake in the MVC Final. They had a 33 RPI, and I think the MVC had a high conference RPI as well. That's who I would have put in. However, Kentucky is Kentucky, and went 12-4 in the SEC, so I guess they somewhat deserved it. They'll be one and done anyway.

Illinois State was 24-8 and considered a lock until they got blown out by Drake in the MVC Final. They had a 33 RPI, and I think the MVC had a high conference RPI as well. That's who I would have put in. However, Kentucky is Kentucky, and went 12-4 in the SEC, so I guess they somewhat deserved it. They'll be one and done anyway.

So why is Illinois State's blowout loss more acceptable than KY's. BTW, I thought Illinois State got robbed too, should have got in over 'Nova. And AZ St. over Zona.

I think if you're gonna say that anyone got in based on their name it was Arizona.

So why is Illinois State's blowout loss more acceptable than KY's. BTW, I thought Illinois State got robbed too, should have got in over 'Nova. And AZ St. over Zona.

I think if you're gonna say that anyone got in based on their name it was Arizona.

Illinois State got penalized for getting blown out in their Conference Championship game, that I think is unfair. I didn't mind Arizona so much, but I know ASU beat them twice.

How does Miami get a #7, and Va Tech gets left out?

Archived