Orioles Better Make Davis an Offer!

Old#5fan

After watching Davis driving in runs like crazy (now second in Al in rbi) they better at least make him a decent offer to try and keep him. They can ill afford to lose another big homer/ rbi man like they did Cruz even if BHS does lead the league in strikeouts! Just my two cents!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching Davis driving in runs like crazy (now second in Al in rbi) they better at least make him a decent offer to try and keep him. They can ill afford to lose another big homer/ rbi man like they did Cruz even if BHS does lead the league in strikeouts! Just my two cents!

Agreed 100%

It would be foolish to let him leave

Sign him or don't sign him.

But if you don't sign him you better have a plan to replace his production. It's definitely not coming internally! I don't want to see another season of Snider's and Young's and Parmelee's doing poor impressions of an everyday baseball player.

Davis is inching closer to that 100 million dollar contract with each day that he continues this hot streak. If you asked me in May I would tell you he wasn't going to sniff 50 million.

I hope the Os make a good offer for Davis, but the most likely scenario is that someone else is the high bidder.

If we get a good draft pick from the QO, I will be fine moving on.

Chris Davis has given the Os good production and, not unlike several hitters looking for big contracts in their 30s, I expect he will move on.

Guys like Chris Davis don't grow on trees and he will be difficult to replace, but many franchises end up regretting signing power hitters into their 30s - like Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols.

If we get picks for Chen, Wieters and Davis, we could have about 7 of the top 110 picks in next year's draft (plus a massive opportunity in international prospect-land), with a good opportunity to re-load and lay a strong foundation for our next competitive team.

Yeah, in a time when power hitters are at a premium, let's let one of the best walk away without making an offer besides the QO. I'm sure we'll be able to draft and develop another Chris Davis with that draft pick.

ts6JK.jpg.gif

Chris Davis is going to be paid handsomely, and not by the O's. Everyone should be prepared for him to leave after declining a QO.

According to DD, both he and Wieters were not interested in extending.

I hope the Os make a good offer for Davis, but the most likely scenario is that someone else is the high bidder.

If we get a good draft pick from the QO, I will be fine moving on.

Chris Davis has given the Os good production and, not unlike several hitters looking for big contracts in their 30s, I expect he will move on.

Guys like Chris Davis don't grow on trees and he will be difficult to replace, but many franchises end up regretting signing power hitters into their 30s - like Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols.

If we get picks for Chen, Wieters and Davis, we could have about 7 of the top 110 picks in next year's draft (plus a massive opportunity in international prospect-land), with a good opportunity to re-load and lay a strong foundation for our next competitive team.

Then they better get a hell of a lot better at drafting and development. And hit on most of their picks. Of course, the cycle can continue when Machado and Jones walk.

Chris Davis is going to be paid handsomely, and not by the O's. Everyone should be prepared for him to leave after declining a QO.

According to DD, both he and Wieters were not interested in extending.

This is factual.

Archived