Orioles Better Make Davis an Offer!

Old#5fan

Machado is every bit the player the Trout is, especially because he plays a much more difficuly defensive position. Manny is also batting out of order. Look what he's done leading off? He's not gettting pitches to hit and he's still be the best offensive threat on the team.

Im not willing to concede Manny takes a back seat to anyone. MANNY UP!!!!!!

Third base is more difficult to play than center field?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manny has full matured into an absolutely great player this year. I have loved watching that transformation and love that he is an Oriole.

Having said that, he still isn't Mike Trout.

Also, did I miss 3rd base being accepted as a much more difficult position than CF?

Not yet. Trout is getting more muscle bound, losing some range and deteriorating in the OF somewhat. Manny has yet to have his best season defensively and is getting better offensively. He may never have the powers numbers of Trout, but think Beltre's bat and Brooks' glove. Sorry Cal.

Machado is every bit the player the Trout is, especially because he plays a much more difficuly defensive position. Manny is also batting out of order. Look what he's done leading off? He's not gettting pitches to hit and he's still be the best offensive threat on the team.

Im not willing to concede Manny takes a back seat to anyone. MANNY UP!!!!!!

No he's not. And no amount of hyperbole will make it so.

His OPS is about 200 points less than Trout and Harper.

You think pitchers are just grooving FB to those guys?

Not yet. Trout is getting more muscle bound, losing some range and deteriorating in the OF somewhat. Manny has yet to have his best season defensively and is getting better offensively. He may never have the powers numbers of Trout, but think Beltre's bat and Brooks' glove. Sorry Cal.

I do not think it can be said with any confidence that Manny will have a better defensive year then he did in 2013.

I hope the Os make a good offer for Davis, but the most likely scenario is that someone else is the high bidder.

If we get a good draft pick from the QO, I will be fine moving on.

Chris Davis has given the Os good production and, not unlike several hitters looking for big contracts in their 30s, I expect he will move on.

Guys like Chris Davis don't grow on trees and he will be difficult to replace, but many franchises end up regretting signing power hitters into their 30s - like Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols.

If we get picks for Chen, Wieters and Davis, we could have about 7 of the top 110 picks in next year's draft (plus a massive opportunity in international prospect-land), with a good opportunity to re-load and lay a strong foundation for our next competitive team.

Agreed, but I think the team has a lot of payroll space and a much of picks lined up. So it wouldn't kill them to take one or two risks on guys like Davis. Not saying they'll do it, or that the specifics of the contract would be good. Likely case is that someone gives him a silly, regrettable deal. But I wouldn't totally shut the door.

First - Who's excited to get the Oriole bird bobblehead tonight!?!? -- this guyyyy

Second - Davis has stated before he likes Baltimore, however, he also stated in an article/interview that his next contract needs to be a long term (8 years) ... Which is going to require a ton of money. Therefore it will be business as usual for the Os. We will make an offer but it will be in 2-3 year range and some other team will give him what he wants.

In closing, enjoy the last few months of Christopher Lyn Davis.

Walking into 2016 with Parmelee, Walker, Mancini, Snyder, Garrett Jones or Mike Napoli at 1B is not a good idea. I don't know who else you have in mind.

Napoli would actually be a very good buy low candidate. With a career average BABIP he would be having a great season. He's still walking a ton, hitting for power, and he's cutting down on his strikeouts. But his BABIP is incredibly low compared to his career numbers. He's a guy the Orioles should be interested in because he fills needs (1B and OBP guy) and he will fit into their budget.

No he's not. And no amount of hyperbole will make it so.

His OPS is about 200 points less than Trout and Harper.

You think pitchers are just grooving FB to those guys?

I would take Harper as a dh over manny or Trout he can flat out rake and bats LH. Reminds me of smaller Ted Williams. As an overall player I would take Manny over either of them .

Archived