Mike Mussina Convinced He's Won A World Series

whatdoiget000

I'll never understand O's fan that hold a grudge against Moose.

I agree 100%. Moose did nothing wrong. He even took a discount contract the first time. I don't blame him one bit for moving on after they treated him lousy. IMO, it's another case of people getting knee-jerk emotional about superficial appearances and not even caring about what happened. Whenever he pitches at OPACY now, there's always some moron down front with a big sign that says "Traitor". Makes me cringe. Oriole fans used to know about baseball. While many still do, there's a lot who don't have a clue.

When he was here, Moose showed up, did great, and earned his money. He did his part, and without any BS. Nothing wrong with Moose (except that he's over the hill now).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree 100%. Moose did nothing wrong. He even took a discount contract the first time. I don't blame him one bit for moving on after they treated him lousy. IMO, it's another case of people getting knee-jerk emotional about superficial appearances and not even caring about what happened. Whenever he pitches at OPACY now, there's always some moron down front with a big sign that says "Traitor". Makes me cringe. Oriole fans used to know about baseball. While many still do, there's a lot who don't have a clue.

When he was here, Moose showed up, did great, and earned his money. He did his part, and without any BS. Nothing wrong with Moose (except that he's over the hill now).

I rate this post 11/10.

Amen, it's without a doubt just another Oriole foul up. We could have had a solid ace pitcher for the last decade and possibly another HOFer going in as an Orioles but nooooo.

I'll never understand O's fan that hold a grudge against Moose.

I'll tell you why I hold a grudge against Mussina. At the trade deadline, the O's wanted to trade him (the year of his free agency) and he said NO. I believe he said he did not want to be uprooted for the rest of the season. All 60 days of it, Half of which would be spent on the road of course anyway. He could of left the birds and HELPED the organization , but chose to stay and force us to take draft picks. Not his fault that we didn't utilize those picks well, but we could have had M.L. ready talent if he had cared one whit about Baltimore. I hope his arm hurts the rest of his days. I'm an oriole fan, not a fan of those who don't help the O's.

I'll tell you why I hold a grudge against Mussina. At the trade deadline, the O's wanted to trade him (the year of his free agency) and he said NO. I believe he said he did not want to be uprooted for the rest of the season. All 60 days of it, Half of which would be spent on the road of course anyway. He could of left the birds and HELPED the organization , but chose to stay and force us to take draft picks. Not his fault that we didn't utilize those picks well, but we could have had M.L. ready talent if he had cared one whit about Baltimore. I hope his arm hurts the rest of his days. I'm an oriole fan, not a fan of those who don't help the O's.

He took a discount on his contract the previous time and one of the things he got in return was a no-trade clause. Now you are blaming him for enforcing what he bargained for?

he's like Marino, without all the awards and fame. Not to mention, at least Marino GOT to a super bowl. Sorry Moose, it ain't happening

Not even close to Dan Marino. Dan Marino is a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Mike Mussina is a get lucky with the Veteran's Committee on a slow year Hall of Famer.

Pssh.

Am I bitter? Sure. But I rooted for the guy, even went to the point of (wrongly) hating Cito Gaston because of him, and assumed he would return some sense of loyalty. He was hardly low-balled and would still be a very rich man had he stayed with the team that brought him up. Yet he chooses to go to the one team that is the Orioles' biggest and most hated rival. That is a big F-U in my book.

Face it. The jerk just wanted a quick ring. Ane he hasn't gotten it. And I'll wholeheartedly admit the schadenfreude is working overdrive on him.

Pssh.

Am I bitter? Sure. But I rooted for the guy, even went to the point of (wrongly) hating Cito Gaston because of him, and assumed he would return some sense of loyalty. He was hardly low-balled and would still be a very rich man had he stayed with the team that brought him up. Yet he chooses to go to the one team that is the Orioles' biggest and most hated rival. That is a big F-U in my book.

Face it. The jerk just wanted a quick ring. Ane he hasn't gotten it. And I'll wholeheartedly admit the schadenfreude is working overdrive on him.

I rate this post 11/10.

he's like Marino, without all the awards and fame. Not to mention, at least Marino GOT to a super bowl. Sorry Moose, it ain't happening

Just to be fair, Mussina did get to 2 World Series. He lost them both to the Marlins and DBacks. He has had a hell of a career but falls short of all the recognized milestones. As far as the article that started the post, that is Moose being the wisea** that he is. His mood reminds me of another former Oriole Erik Bedard. Moose is smart and he saw the mess that was on the horizon. That is why he got out of Dodge.

He did nothing wrong per se, but I would be disappointed in Oriole fans if they didn't hold a grudge against him for signig with NY when there were 28 other teams out there. I don't hold his leaving against him, only what his new choice of laundry was/is. You are right that while he was here he earned his money and did his job. But he also has earned any negative crowd reaction by wearing pinstripes. Absolutely nothing wrong w/that either.

I still remember him coming back to my local mall AFTER he signed with the Yankees to sign autographs and say bye to O's fans. Face it, the O's low-balled him -- sure, the salary that was offered still would have made him wealthy but the argument to hate him for being "greedy" is just like Mariners' fans that get mad at A-Rod for taking his Texas deal -- I'd like anyone that says that to look in the mirror and honestly tell themselves that they wouldn't have taken:

a) More money

to play for a

b) team MUCH more likely to win a title

He did absolutely nothing wrong in my book. And spare me the "he shouldn't have signed with our rival" nonsense. These athletes, for the most part, don't care about rivalries, it's a stigma created originally by fans and fueled immensely by the media. most ball-players are good friends regardless of the team.

He WANTED to resign here, was offered a deal not worth his market value (which the Yanks set) and decided to make the move that was most sensible for both his career and his wallet.

99% of you would have done the same.

And I rate my post 12/10 so there!

He did nothing wrong per se, but I would be disappointed in Oriole fans if they didn't hold a grudge against him for signig with NY when there were 28 other teams out there. I don't hold his leaving against him, only what his new choice of laundry was/is. You are right that while he was here he earned his money and did his job. But he also has earned any negative crowd reaction by wearing pinstripes. Absolutely nothing wrong w/that either.

Are Orioles fans the LAST PEOPLE on EARTH to realize that there is NO Oriole/Yankee rivalry anymore? We all get so pissed whenever the Yanks and Sox matchups get ESPN airtime and newspaper articles, but face it, THAT is the money rivalry. The O's are insignificant right now, and players could care less about going to a perceived rival after playing for us. I hate to do this because it will give JTrea and opening, but do you think Boston fans hate Millar because he plays for us? Do you think Blue Jays fans hate Robbie Alomar because he came to Baltimore? I get into disagreements regularly with my wife about this. Well, I see things differently. I won't get into specifics, as Shackles already summarized well, but lets just say that Moose took a hometown discount to stay the first time, and the Orioles did NOT return the favor te second time around. Mussina is STILL one of my favorite players, and one of my favorite Orioles.

In closing, let me just say this. The man who right now some people think will be our new savior, Mark Teixiera, will be the most hated man in Baltimore come Christmas morning when he is wearing a Yankees jersey. I HATE the Yanks as much as the next guy, but jealousy is an ugly trait for us to hold onto my friends. We should not be angry at Moose for chasing the money and the chance at a ring. We instead should cheer for the man who gave us 10 strong years in a Baltimore Orioles jersey, and one day, will be inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame!

Are Orioles fans the LAST PEOPLE on EARTH to realize that there is NO Oriole/Yankee rivalry anymore?

The O's are insignificant right now, and players could care less about going to a perceived rival after playing for us.

I'm not disagreeing that you are right considering how bad the O's have been over the last decade. However that doesn't change the fact for me (and I suspect a lot of other Orioles fans) that I still despise the New York Yankees.

In closing, let me just say this. The man who right now some people think will be our new savior, Mark Teixiera, will be the most hated man in Baltimore come Christmas morning when he is wearing a Yankees jersey. I HATE the Yanks as much as the next guy, but jealousy is an ugly trait for us to hold onto my friends. We should not be angry at Moose for chasing the money and the chance at a ring. We instead should cheer for the man who gave us 10 strong years in a Baltimore Orioles jersey, and one day, will be inducted into the Orioles Hall of Fame!

Tex will get a strong negative reaction if he comes to Baltimore wearing pinstripes and there would be nothing wrong with that. There is also nothing wrong with people who choose to cheer for Moose. I understand the connection to the player can transcend their choice of laundry. It's like in football where I am kind of on the other side of the fence where I've remained a Colts fan even after they chose to move on to greener pastures.

I'm just glad there is still enough passion about the Orioles for a good number of fans to still despise the Yankees and their players including the ones who may have been worthy Orioles at one time. Mussina's choice in laundry doesn't diminish my appreciation for what he did while here, I'm just not going to cheer him or root for him while he's playing for the Yankees.

Archived