For postgame radio junkies (workaround for online streaming)

NashLumber

I mentioned during the spring that for out of state (or out of town) folks like me, it's been really hard to get the WJZ 105.7 postgame radio show on any of the online streaming stations.

MLB At Bat shuts down the postgame anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes after the game, only enough time for Joe Angel to do a re-cap, so that's not the whole programming I'm wanting.

To get around the Tune-In Radio endless canned ad loops (not exaggerating about up to 45 minutes of Kars-4-Kids, Flo Progressive and others), you do need two devices (a smartphone and your laptop for example) streaming Tune-In Radio app online.

1) About the 8th inning, set your Tune-In app to 104.7 The Point out of Havre de Grace on your smartphone or computer. For some odd reason, they stream the whole game (no MLB fee for us, it's free). I have no idea why. They haven't been found out.

2) Next, on your 2nd device (computer or smartphone), set Tune-In to WJZ 105.7

3) Mute both of them and just watch the game on MASN or whatever you use to tune in the video of the games.

4) When the TV post game ends (unless you watch all of Orioles Extra), turn up 104.7. The radio postgame goes on for about a half hour there. Eventually, it reverts to the music programming. Then ...

5) Then turn up the volume on 105.7 on the other device and the CBS radio programming will end and revert back to the O's postgame (Wall to Wall Baseball with Tom Davis and Dave Johnson).

I know this seems like a lot of trouble, but I'm not ready to quit listening to baseball or hearing talk about it. I do obviously read on here at the same time, but I can handle that kind of multi-tasking.

I have been having pretty good luck with WIOO using the tune in radio app for my phone. I am not sure if they do play the whole postgame show or not though but have been able to listen to the games live with no issues. I do not get all of the ads either. Sunday games have been hit or miss though but all other games have worked just fine. Not sure if you had tried this station or not but they are out of Shippensburg. Worth a shot to avoid having to have two devices to listen to the whole postgame show if at all possible. Please let me know if you have any luck..

I have been having pretty good luck with WIOO using the tune in radio app for my phone. I am not sure if they do play the whole postgame show or not though but have been able to listen to the games live with no issues. I do not get all of the ads either. Sunday games have been hit or miss though but all other games have worked just fine. Not sure if you had tried this station or not but they are out of Shippensburg. Worth a shot to avoid having to have two devices to listen to the whole postgame show if at all possible. Please let me know if you have any luck..

I'll give it a look, thanks! Maybe that can be my alternate to 104.7 and 105.7 online until the original programming returns for the postgame. I've been out for what I was hoping was a half hour walk with the dog and more often than not, it has been a full block of canned online ads for the usual sponsors. Defeats the purpose if I can't get any original programming.

WIOO worked brilliantly, thanks! Such a relief not to go to such a rigamarole just to hear a post-postgame show.

WIOO worked brilliantly, thanks! Such a relief not to go to such a rigamarole just to hear a post-postgame show.

Glad to hear that it worked out great for you. That is my go-to station but have found that Sundays can be hit or miss. Not sure why they would have the games all week but not on Sundays??

Archived