Can the O's sign Manny and Chris Davis long term?

wildcard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given that both players have said that the matter is out of their hands, I wouldn't get my hopes up on either one. They can talk all they want about how much they love playing in Baltimore, but that's just good PR from their perspective. Money talks. Everything else is noise.

Couldn't the Orioles do like a six-year extension for Machado, where they buy up his three arbitration years and then his first three years of FA at $30 million per year? What would that come out to, six years, $150 million? Would Machado say no to that?

Couldn't the Orioles do like a six-year extension for Machado, where they buy up his three arbitration years and then his first three years of FA at $30 million per year? What would that come out to, six years, $150 million? Would Machado say no to that?

I'd probably turn it down.

Unless of course I wanted to stay.

I'd probably turn it down.

Unless of course I wanted to stay.

I don't know. How much do you think he makes over the next three years? $40M ish? If he waits to FA three years from now, do you think he'll make much more than $30M a year? I can't see him getting $150M over the next 6 years if he goes to FA. If he takes the extension, he still hits FA as a sub 30 superstar...with $150M in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Duquette and with what we know of Mr. Angelos, an opt out is out of the question.

Dan has said he does not believe in them.(opt outs)

Angelos believes in fulfilling signed contracts.

There are always exceptions to prove the rule, A year ago no one would believe we'd offer 7/150 M to CD.

If you look at the way the Orioles do business, Machado will be here for the next three years one way or the other. The right move is to trade him before next season if they haven't extended him but I don't think they'll do it.

I'd rather wait at this point. Too many teams have already made moves this offseason.

Imagine how excited the fan base would be if we not only failed to sign CD we traded Manny. OPACY would be packed OD.:rolleyestf:

Still, IF ownership is not going to sign him long term, you absolutely must trade him. You cannot let this one go for a comp pick. And the trade must empty out another team's top prospects and at least one controllable major league player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived