2016 Attendance Thread

OFFNY

Agreed. but the Orioles need to somehow market early games better. I don't think they have Ollie's bargain nights anymore.Teams do discounts early in the season. Do a dollar hot dog or dollar soda. Nationals did this :

Celebrate 10 wins with $10 off tickets

With the first-place Nationals celebrating their 10th win of the season Tuesday night, fans can get $10 off all tickets valued at $20 or more for the entire upcoming homestand against the Minnesota Twins (April 22-24) and Philadelphia Phillies (April 26-28).

Don't miss NL MVP Bryce Harper, MLB batting average leader Daniel Murphy, new manager Dusty Baker and the rest of the Nats as they return to Nationals Park for these key interleague and divisional games.

Use code "TEN" at checkout to redeem this exclusive offer.

Not sure if it would help that much but the Orioles know early season games are low draws so some marketing might help.

Rangers have all these ticket promotions:

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/ticketing/specials.jsp

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. This is interesting. A very telling trend to this point. Did something happen to the Baltimore economy recently that we're not aware of? The O's were averaging 29K per game last season and you have a hated division rival come to town and attendance continues to plummet. Any reasons for this?

Don't expect future FA acquisitions if this continues much less additional pricey extensions.

A few reasons. Weather was cold for the first week. Season ticket sales are down from last year. Some people don't like going downtown,especially at night. I think if they keep winning and school let's out then they will have a nice uptick.

A few reasons. Weather was cold for the first week. Season ticket sales are down from last year. Some people don't like going downtown,especially at night. I think if they keep winning and school let's out then they will have a nice uptick.

Yes I totally understand that but every other team will see a similar uptick as well. Team spent a lot of money this offseason and I worry about them being able to sign people in future cause enough people aren't supporting team.

Big crowd tonight ......

The weather has killed any walk up sales so far.

You're at the game ???

You bastard.

No, not at game. Watching pre game and now can tell maybe a couple thousand there.

Oh, OK.

I apologize, then.

To be 22nd in attendance is pretty sad no matter what excuses there are. I'm sure it will improve as it gets warmer but still pretty sad. 10-4 team that can't even fill 1/3 of stadium for games.

And a week later they have dropped to 26th in MLB averaging 19,372 per game. I'm not sure why. Plenty of "cold weather" teams are averaging almost twice that.

And a week later they have dropped to 26th in MLB averaging 19,372 per game. I'm not sure why. Plenty of "cold weather" teams are averaging almost twice that.

It was in the 40's and raining the whole game last night and tonight looks to be about the same. The weather has been especially bad when they have been home so far. I would have gone out tonight if not for the weather forecast.

The marketing is terrible. I would go to more mid-week games if the weather was decent but I am not paying full mid-summer prices. Supply and demand.

The weather was crappy yesterday. I had whole rows to myself. Vendors were not happy.

No Ollie's Bargain Nights anymore. They don't promote well. I went to the Nationals game last Saturday and they send me a code for $15 to $ 20 off any mid week series thru June. They have $5.00 ticekts for midweek games and $1.00 hot dogs and Harris Teeter family packs . Look at all the promotions the Rangers do.Tigers have weekday value packs Astros have plenty.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/ticketing/specials.jsp

http://m.astros.mlb.com/hou/tickets/info/valueoptions

http://m.mlb.com/det/tickets/info/weekday-value-pack

o

4-GAME SET, vs. White Sox (April 28th, 29th, 30th, May 1st)

GAME 1:O 14,568 o(31.7%)

GAME 2:O 19,912 o(43.3%)

GAME 3:O 29,152 o(63.4%)

GAME 4:O 28,803 o(62.7%)

_________

4-GAME TOTAL: OO) 92,435

4-GAME AVERAGE: oo 23,109

o

4-GAME SET, vs. White Sox (April 28th, 29th, 30th, May 1st)

GAME 1:O 14,568 o(31.7%)

GAME 2:O 19,912 o(43.3%)

GAME 3:O 29,152 o(63.4%)

GAME 4:O 28,803 o(62.7%)

_________

4-GAME TOTAL: OO) 92,435

4-GAME AVERAGE: oo 23,109

28,893.Anyone else at the game? Must have been a ton of no show's

It's a bit of a cop-out, but the weather for all but the Blue Jays series has been horrendous. That they averaged over 23k for the White Sox series given the horrible weather and weak draw isn't too bad.

Archived