Britton hurt

Fliqan

Hoping to avoid DL per ESPN.

http://www.espn.com.au/mlb/story/_/id/15438391/zach-britton-baltimore-orioles-day-day-ankle-injury

"I think I'd be surprised if I had to go on the DL, but we'll see how it feels," said Britton, who was leaning on crutches and in a walking boot as he spoke to reporters Sunday. "It feels pretty good compared to yesterday, how it feels this morning, but it's still some tenderness in there and obviously I'm not walking great. I think you've got to walk fine before I can even start pitching again. Hopefully, it's just a few days and I can maybe throw a bullpen or something, or at least run on it and see how it feels."

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.espn.com.au/mlb/story/_/id/15438391/zach-britton-baltimore-orioles-day-day-ankle-injury

"I think I'd be surprised if I had to go on the DL, but we'll see how it feels," said Britton, who was leaning on crutches and in a walking boot as he spoke to reporters Sunday. "It feels pretty good compared to yesterday, how it feels this morning, but it's still some tenderness in there and obviously I'm not walking great. I think you've got to walk fine before I can even start pitching again. Hopefully, it's just a few days and I can maybe throw a bullpen or something, or at least run on it and see how it feels."

o

GREEN REPS

GREEN REPS

GREEN REPS

GREEN REPS

GREEN REPS

GREEN REPS

GREEN REPS

Hopefully, Zach isn't engaging in some wishful thinking here.

Hopefully, Zach isn't engaging in some wishful thinking here.

Still better again today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orioles continue to be encouraged by Zach Britton's injury. Had an MRI earlier today but feels much better. Still expect he avoids DL.</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">May 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In case anybody missed this, buried in Roch's article today is more good news on Zach..."could" be available in the Yankees series, "will" avoid DL.

Britton could pitch in the Yankees series after his MRI yesterday confirmed the X-ray results. The weekend series against the Athletics may seem like a more realistic goal, but he’s going to avoid the disabled list while recovering from a sprain.

If Britt on can't pitch against the Yankees we'll lose at least one game because of it.

I don't know that our closer will blow it, but I would be more worried about the indirect effect of everyone else having to move a step up, and Bundy or Worley potentially having to pitch in a high leverage situation.

If Britt on can't pitch against the Yankees we'll lose at least one game because of it.
Givens will be thrust into a more important role and he's had trouble with LH hitters. Matusz has stunk so far. Yanks have many LH hitters. O'Day is much weaker against LH batters too. Agreed with what you said. It moves everyone up a notch but we lose our best LH relief pitcher.

Not to mention that NYY-BAL games always end up being really weird, really long, and have that late-inning drama. I feel like you're right.

O'Day got the results but I think your thought process here certainly seems legitimate. He doesn't look very good against lefties this year, was pretty fortunate in the 9th inning there.

The good thing is that Brach is effective against both. Personally, he's the guy I'd like to see closing while Britton is down. Use McFarland as a LOOGY for a bit.

You throw O'Day instead of Brach or Givens because he is already paid for.

How much is a half dozen saves going to cost you in arbitration?

Rub some 'Tussin on it, and he'll be alright. );)

chris-rock.jpg

The Robitussin worked well.

Britton pitched 1.33 shutout innings against the Yankees tonight, striking out 3 batters in the 10th inning.

Archived