Brian Gonzalez, LHP

weams

That sounds promising. He should certainly be appearing in top 10 lists, then, no? But it doesn't seem he's in many of those that I've seen here by those who follow/report on the minors.

I have him at no. 8 in the system right now and our fourth best pitching prospect (third if you aren't including Harvey).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Mediocre Strikes-to-Balls ratio.

18 OUTS: 9 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 3 Flyouts, 2 Popouts, 1 Strikeout, 1 Lineout, 1 Caught Stealing

BRIAN ALBERT GONZALEZ )))))) (vs. Regular-A Lakewood, 8/20)

IP:lll 6

H:ll;; 7 ll(2 Home Runs, 5 Singles)

R:lll) 2

BB:ll)1

SO:ll)1

Pitches: )84 )(48 )Strikes, )36 )Balls)

2016 ERA: )2.56 )(Regular-A Delmarva)

PITCHES BY INNING

17 ll(91 )lStrikes, ll8 llBalls)

16 ll(10 llStrikes, )l6 llBalls)

13 ll(81 llStrikes, )l)5 llBalls)

11 ll(71 llStrikes, ll4 llBalls)

13 ll(71 llStrikes, )l6 llBalls)

14 ll(71 llStrikes, l)7 llBalls)

o

o

Again, the only criticism is another mediocre Strikes-to-Balls ratio.

18 OUTS: 8 Groundouts, 4 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Picked Off of 1st Base

BRIAN ALBERT GONZALEZ )))))) (vs. Regular-A Hagerstown, 8/25)

IP:lll 6

H:l;; 2 ll(1 Home Run, 1 Single)

R:)l) 1

BB:l)) *

SO:l)4

Pitches: 86 )(49 )Strikes, )37 )Balls)

2016 ERA: 2.51 )(Regular-A Delmarva)

* Gonzalez also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

11 ll(71 )lStrikes, p41 )lBalls)

12 ll(81 llStrikes, ))41 )lBalls)

16 ll(91 llStrikes, ll71 llBalls)

91 ll(41 llStrikes, ll51 llBalls)

11 ll(61 llStrikes, )l51 llBalls)

27 ll(15 llStrikes, ll12 l)Balls)

o

The big difference this year for Brian? He's gone from being owned by lefties, to owning them.

2015:

25.1 IP, .273 BA, 1.54 WHIP, 7.11 ERA

2016:

41.1 IP, .190 BA, .94 WHIP, 1.31 ERA

Excellent point. Also, his walks are way down, from 5.0 to 3.5 per 9 IP. Still more room for improvement in that regard.

The big difference this year for Brian? He's gone from being owned by lefties, to owning them.

2015:

25.1 IP, .273 BA, 1.54 WHIP, 7.11 ERA

2016:

41.1 IP, .190 BA, .94 WHIP, 1.31 ERA

I would read into this that his breaking ball has gotten better. He's been a fun one to follow this year.

Brian Gonzalez finished his season with 3 scoreless innings, allowing 3 hits and a walk while striking out three. I assume that the plan was to have Gonzalez throw only 3 innings today. I'm a little disappointed, as he had a chance to be the first Shorebirds pitcher to throw more than 150 innings in 10+ years. He finishes at 147.2, and an ERA of 2.50.

Gonzalez gets my vote for Orioles' MiL pitcher of the year.

Brian Gonzalez finished his season with 3 scoreless innings, allowing 3 hits and a walk while striking out three. I assume that the plan was to have Gonzalez throw only 3 innings today. I'm a little disappointed, as he had a chance to be the first Shorebirds pitcher to throw more than 150 innings in 10+ years. He finishes at 147.2, and an ERA of 2.50.

I second that.

I second the motion.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So, Gonzalez had to repeat Delmarva and did well the second time though at a still-young age 20 in 2016.    He was disappointing at Frederick at age 21 (4.91 ERA) and is repeating there this year at age 22.    He’s off to a nice start through 2 games with a 2.53 ERA and 13 K’s In 10.2 IP.     I’d think he’s someone who could get bumped to Bowie at some point this year, making room for Baumann or Lowther to move up to Frederick.   

Archived