vs. ANGELS, 5/22

Sessh

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just baffles me when we face struggling pitchers coming in...and we can't hit him. Like last night vs Shoemaker.Today vs Weaver.This is team that can suddenly struggle offensively after having a big offensive game. We will see if it happens again, but they looked off balance vs Weaver.He has very little velocity..but keeps us out in front.

Weaver has won 6 of his last 7 games. Not struggling too much. I think Gary said 6-1

It just baffles me when we face struggling pitchers coming in...and we can't hit him. Like last night vs Shoemaker.Today vs Weaver.This is team that can suddenly struggle offensively after having a big offensive game. We will see if it happens again, but they looked off balance vs Weaver.He has very little velocity..but keeps us out in front.

Do batters ever try moving up in the box anymore to shave some time for the ball arrvive at the plate? I guess the disadvantage is laying off a really good breaking pitch that catches the back of the plate. But a guy can't hit his spot all day and will hang one. It's hard to tell in the TV angle to see how far up or back a batter stands.

Only thing that explains it. Did the same thing with FRod.

Just imagine if he would have accepted the demotion to Norfolk. He'd be playing less and wouldn't see the majors for two years at least.

To my eyes it looks like Buck is dead set against him being on the team and has no interest in playing him more than he absolutely has to.

I think Buck has a few other options, and Buck has ranked Kim at the end of those other options. Since he never plays, it is difficult to assess whether Buck's ranking is correct or not.

Archived