Mancini. Cisco, Trumbo, Alvarez and Wieters

Bahama O's Fan

Unless the price for arms is crazy, I see no way that both Sisco and Mancini are still in the Orioles organization come 2017. We are in the middle of a pennant race and atop the ALE with a major need for starters. We are going to be buyers.

For the future of the organization, unless we get a cost controlled arm who is a good arm, I'd prefer to keep both. But that isn't going to happen. We're in win now mode.

It's possible. But who knows what what will happen. If I had to guess, at least one of those guys will still be with the team after the deadline.

If Mancini goes I am fine with resigning Pedro Alvarez to DH. Upgrades to SP and RF can be made with the money we are saving by letting Wieters and Trumbo go.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let Weiters and Alvarez walk get comp picks take that 20 mill and sign Trumbo 4/80ish. Mancini is the new DH. Sisco is backup ease him in. Following year UJ and Gallardo come off the books. Sign Manny 6/ 175ish then Schoop the following year.

If we didn't sign Cruz after his one year stint here....what signs point to the Orioles re-signing Trumbo?

Also, I don't see the Orioles adding another $50MM/year on two guys... I really do hope they sign Machado but that's going one of the biggest contract in MLB history.... which doesn't fit the Orioles business model.

If we didn't sign Cruz after his one year stint here....what signs point to the Orioles re-signing Trumbo?

Also, I don't see the Orioles adding another $50MM/year on two guys... I really do hope they sign Machado but that's going one of the biggest contract in MLB history.... which doesn't fit the Orioles business model.

The team did tried to resign Cruz.

DD wasn't comfortable adding that 4th year, which made the deal crazy, and the team came in 2nd best in the Cruz sweepstakes.

Of course, you know this, we have only said this a million times since he has left. SMH

Because Davis set the precedent that Angelos will pay 30-50% more than the value of expected production for the right guy, and Trumbo will be paid on the assumption that 2011-2015 were just warmups for his Bondsian 30s?

The team did tried to resign Cruz.

DD wasn't comfortable adding that 4th year, which made the deal crazy, and the team came in 2nd best in the Cruz sweepstakes.

Of course, you know this, we have only said this a million times since he has left. SMH

All of the other 28 MLB teams passed on what appeared to be an outlandish deal, by a GM that got fired for making such foolish decisions.

No brainer. He won't accept it.

Unless Wieters falls off these last two months, he will get a QO as well and not accept.

Two draft picks. Plug in Sisco and Mancini next year. Sign a real RFer and call it a day. That sounds like a good plan to me.

Pitchers dont forget dem pitchers

Looking at our catching situation, I think signing Wieters is more important than signing Trumbo, and I really want to sign Trumbo.We won't sign either.

I agree, we probably wont sign either.

I disagree strongly with some of the Hangout Posters, who feel that any catcher can thrown in there and get the job done.

Catchers that can play plus defense, call a good game, and have a decent bat are in very short supply.

Archived