at. YANKEES, 7/20

Sessh

Not a reactionary post. I have been thinking about this since Sunday actually. The Orioles have been overachievers all year. Their run differential is well below what their record indicates. Their pitching is bad, and their offense is not that great either, being very streaky. They might overachieve into the playoffs, but it's hard to do it over 162 games. The O's have had 3 seven-game winning streaks. Outside of these three hot stretches, they have been very bad, 8 games below .500. I think it's time everyone readjusted their expectations for this season.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides this crappy series, I see that they have "updated" Gameday:

No more "Classic Gameday" (you could check the pitch sequence of any at bat)

No more mini Gameday (o.k., no big loss)

Worse quality highlight video and, now,

Commercials before every Gameday highlight!

Screw the customer experience, let's monetize!

Not a reactionary post. I have been thinking about this since Sunday actually. The Orioles have been overachievers all year. Their run differential is well below what their record indicates. Their pitching is bad, and their offense is not that great either, being very streaky. They might overachieve into the playoffs, but it's hard to do it over 162 games. The O's have had 3 seven-game winning streaks. Outside of these three hot stretches, they have been very bad, 8 games below .500. I think it's time everyone readjusted their expectations for this season.

That's just dumb if you take away ever teams best three streaks they are under .500. The Indians would be like 12 under if you took out there's.

Archived