Miami Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez killed in 3am boating incident

xian4

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd lean towards no on Uber drivers. Since they have a system to report drivers that might be under the influence. But like all things in America. A disaster would probably have to happen for something to happen in that regard.

I was trying to show you how wide a net your criteria would catch.

The military does now

I can't speak for other services, but I know mine only does this when they have a *really* good reason to. They have to be caught with it on them, then deny using OR having someone else rat on them. I've only heard of it being done once.

I can't speak for other services, but I know mine only does this when they have a *really* good reason to. They have to be caught with it on them, then deny using OR having someone else rat on them. I've only heard of it being done once.

They apparently do it when you enter the service now. Have had a few buddies denied because they were tested for smoking pot.

Painkillers are bad news pretty much all around. On one hand they're addicting. Then on the other they keep your body from healing properly. Both of which can keep you on the painkillers for longer than you need them. I had that experience when I had plantar fasciitis. It didn't go away until I stopped taking medicine for the pain.

Dealt with that for years, still do (but somewhat under control), even went as far as having the surgery. No doctor wrote for opioid pain killers for me (well except post surgery, but that was just a few days worth), but I can only imagine how tough it would have been to stop if I had started. That pain especially in place you use all day everyday is something which anything that brought relief would be welcomed and hard to give up. Glad you healed!

Dealt with that for years, still do (but somewhat under control), even went as far as having the surgery. No doctor wrote for opioid pain killers for me (well except post surgery, but that was just a few days worth), but I can only imagine how tough it would have been to stop if I had started. That pain especially in place you use all day everyday is something which anything that brought relief would be welcomed and hard to give up. Glad you healed!

Thanks for the kind words! I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't get addicted to those things easily. It was even easier when I found out that eating a handful of almonds twice a day(morning and mid afternoon) helped the pain just as well as the painkillers. It was a pure coincidence that I found out about it. Rushed out the door one day late for work and only had time to eat some almonds. About an hour into working I realized that I was walking normally and it didn't hurt near as bad as usual. It's been a while since I looked it up but I think almonds have the same active compounds as asprin. They don't tear up the stomach though.

(Disclaimer: Do not eat almonds if you are allergic to them)

Raising kids is the ultimate hazardous job out there if you ask me. Maybe it's because of how "adventurous" my friends and I were as kids.

You and me both! Just from all the accidents I had walked away from while riding my bike as a kid. I think about half of them would equal a hospital stay for me now.

Thanks for the kind words! I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't get addicted to those things easily. It was even easier when I found out that eating a handful of almonds twice a day(morning and mid afternoon) helped the pain just as well as the painkillers. It was a pure coincidence that I found out about it. Rushed out the door one day late for work and only had time to eat some almonds. About an hour into working I realized that I was walking normally and it didn't hurt near as bad as usual. It's been a while since I looked it up but I think almonds have the same active compounds as asprin. They don't tear up the stomach though.

(Disclaimer: Do not eat almonds if you are allergic to them)

Almonds you say? Really did not know that. Will have to try it, definitely not allergic to them or any other nut besides Pistachio's, which oddly is in the same family as Mango to which I am also allergic. Strange aside I know, but for anyone else who maybe allergic to one or the other and has not ever had one or the other, it's definitely good to know. I found out the hard way after eating a whole bag of Pistachio's for the first time one night...whoops.

Almonds you say? Really did not know that. Will have to try it, definitely not allergic to them or any other nut besides Pistachio's, which oddly is in the same family as Mango to which I am also allergic. Strange aside I know, but for anyone else who maybe allergic to one or the other and has not ever had one or the other, it's definitely good to know. I found out the hard way after eating a whole bag of Pistachio's for the first time one night...whoops.

It isn't a good idea to eat that many at once even if you are not allergic.

Can make for some unpleasantness the next day.

It isn't a good idea to eat that many at once even if you are not allergic.

Can make for some unpleasantness the next day.

It certainly did, but not they way you are saying, thankfully. I was blown up like a puffer fish and that was the next morning (fortunately not the type of allergy that causes breathing issues), but I had just finished playing basketball that night for 2 hours and was ravaged. Really enjoyed them too, oh well.

Archived